Z9s not seeing Diskstation NAS

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Graham Roulstone, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Graham Roulstone

Graham Roulstone New Member

Hi
    First off, I have to admit that I'm no IT expert, I'm not even sure I qualify as a competent enthusiast..more a bungling die-hard!

I took delivery of my Z9s yesterday (to replace my Popcorn A500 which died!). I'm trying to connect the Z9s to my home video/photos and music on a Synology DS415 play - NAS. The Z9s initial setup when well (it's connected via a wired gigabit ethernet). I used "Media Centre" SMB to try to connect to the NAS. The Z9s then "sees" every other computer/device on the network - except the NAS (See attached screenshot). At first I thought this was a Synology problem...however, you can "see" the NAS from Windows explorer from every other computer on our network, so I'm confused as to "where to start".
    Any help is greatly appreciated...the Z9s seems to be a good player - if I can get it to work
    Graham

Attached Files:

2. looun

looun Member

Enable SMBv1 or better use NFS.

3. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Instead of browsing enter the IP adress from your Synology and you should see your folders.

On your Synology enable SMB, go to advanced settings, max SMB3, min SMB1, Oportunistic Locking on, SMB2 Lease on.

Works flawless for me.

4. Graham Roulstone

Firstly, a real thanks for your help so far, much appreciated. The situation as of today... in the hope this makes sense to someone.
    Again thanks for any ideas.

What works
    • NFS - I've managed to connect the Z9s to the Diskstation using IP addresses. I've added the Diskstation IP address to the Z9s and added the Z9s to the shared folder NFS permissions on the Diskstation. This works for all required folders (music, video and photos). However, does this cause a problem if IP addresses change??

What doesn't work
    • SMB - can't get this to work at all. I've changed settings as suggested (above), tried to connect manually using the IP address and Diskstation name (smb://Diskstation/
    • NFS - this stops working if I change the IP address on the shared folder NFS permissions on the Diskstation to the host name ZIDO_Z9S

5. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

First of all, of course, if you change IP adresses, it won’t work anymore. It is advised that you give your NAS a fixed IP (and your Zidoo too to avoid issues).

You go to Media Center, select SMB, go Add on the right side and enter in the new screen:

Server: 192.168.123.456/video
    User: Synology DSM Login Username
    Password: Synology DSM Login Password

The IP is an example of course, use the one of your Synology and the /video is the synology folder you like to access (you can go deeper of course)

If done right, you have access and save the folder as favorite.

6. Graham Roulstone

Hi and thanks again for your help. I can't get SMB to work....no matter what I do. This now appears to be a problem with my Diskstation - so I've passed it to Synology for them to have a look.