Unable to wake up with remote

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by dobrykamil, May 24, 2016.

1. dobrykamil

dobrykamil New Member

Hi lads,

I've purchased Zidoo X6 pro from ebay just about 2 days ago, set it up and works absolutely fine but I have one problem with it. If I leave it in standby mode, say over night, I can't wake it up using remote at all. Red LED stays on but nothing happens, and I have to switch off power supply.One thing to note here is that I can wake it up just fine if the box was in standby mode for 5 min or so.
    I need to know if this is a hardware or software issue before I get in touch with the seller.

Many thanks for your help.

2. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

There's not enough information in your post to make a determination. It could be something as simple as a conflict between your Zidoo and the state of your TV's HDMI CEC mode setting. I'd check and disable that on the TV, if necessary, before reflashing or contacting the seller.

3. dobrykamil

dobrykamil New Member

Sorry, my bad.
    Box has the latest firmware (v1.0.36). Tried factory reset already. HDMI CEC has nothing to do in my case because I use the remote that came with it.
    Like I wrote above, I can successfully wake it up if box has been in standby for 5 minutes or so, but not if I left it over night.

4. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

If HDMI CEC is enabled on your TV and you don't leave the TV turned on all night, it most certainly is a contributing factor, regardless of the fact that you are still attempting to use the Zidoo remote. You need to check and see if CEC, Smartlink, or any other proprietary peripheral HDMI slave device control is enabled in order to rule it out as a possible source of your problem.

5. dobrykamil

dobrykamil New Member

Ok, I'll do that and provide my feedback on this.Many thanks for your help

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

We'll test this on several x6pro boxes today.

7. dobrykamil

dobrykamil New Member

Hi lads,
    I believe the problem was caused by my Pioneer AV receiver (VSX-529) I replced it last night with Denon AVR-1912 and was able to wake it up this morning :)
    I'll continue using my Zidoo every day and let you all know if the problem still exist.

Many thanks for all your help.

8. vipin

vipin New Member

I have the same problem, zidoo remote don't turn red to blue ,I have to unplug everyday. I have just bought my box and I am very novice in these type of thing. I have sky and sony Bavaria which use remote control all other remote control work. any help

9. dobrykamil

dobrykamil New Member

How is your zidoo connected with TV?Do you use a wireless keyboard with it?

10. vipin

vipin New Member

Oh thanks for such a fast reply, I like Zidoo X6 pro and because of remote control I was just pack it to send back to seller but look like It gone a stay along time with us because of you. I don't have a wireless key board. I have the latest Sony TV and Zidoo connected it with HDMI cable provided by sky ( suppose to be best available HDMI cable) I have IPhone 6 can I use it to use as remote or can I teach my tv remote to switch on Zidoo box. my tv remote control zidoo box minus mouse function.

11. sir07

sir07 New Member

I had the same problem ... I bought a new HDMI cable and now goes well