Z9X appears to be on - but is actually off

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Michael Mamone, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Hey all,
    Over the past few months, my Z9X has appeared to be on - but is actually off.
    The symptoms are:
    • VFD showing the time (old time)
    • Red light on
    If I hit power on the remote, then it initialises a boot sequence.

For reference - I keep mine on 24x7 as library updates interfere with my movie watching.

upload_2024-4-29_15-49-41.jpeg

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's a software crash of some description - if it persists I'd suggest a factory reset.

I keep my Z9X Pro and before that, my Z9X on 24/7. I have seen this in the dim and distant but don't recall it persisting.

Library updates only happen when content changes - so don't add movies etc when watching and it will never interfere.

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I’ve had the same problem on my UHD3000 at odd occasions. Wake up in the morning and note red light and wrong time. Turn mains power off, whistle Dixie turn back on and alls well.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

To be fair it's always good practice to power down when not in use - as I say my test boxes are on 24/7 and don't have any issue but my Z9x in the cinema powers down after use.

Library scanning has no bearing and leaving the box on is not advantageous because it only occurs when content is added/removed or changed, so it's not like it happens overnight!

5. I've got a very large library (we had a thread on this a while back), so powering on will trigger a scan (because my library updates regularly and automatically), which then puts the unit out of commission for between 20 - 40 minutes.

And it's just crashed again :)

6. When I get a chance I'll try a factory reset