New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Apparently possible with a software tool that you can get from Eversolo.

service@eversolo.com

2. Steftyx

Steftyx New Member

Thanks, Bergholdt
    Much Appreciated

3. Steftyx

Steftyx New Member

While I was rambling and cursing about someone in china was takin note while I was listening to the note of Jeff Beck bolero they deliver the 1.2.80 including the EQ
    How do you say Thank you in Chinese!!)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  4. Jtho54

Jtho54 New Member

Bonjour,

je viens de recevoir mon A8 , je l'ai commandé chez Amazon , et à ma grande surprise celui ci est déjà en version
    1.2.80!!
    normal ou pas ?
    Merci

5. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Normal for the A8, latest firmware version.

-dAtA-TRoN- likes this.
  6. helom

helom New Member

My A8 came delivered with the 1.2.80 firmware. Coming from a setup of 3X its cost and have zero complaints about the A8’s sound quality. It’s exceptional!

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Cost is not related with quality any more. It's 2024 already. In case, the contrary may be true...

8. helom

helom New Member

That is true to an extent but generally you do get better sound quality and performance with higher priced gear. My $6K front end is quantitatively/measurably as transparent and low distortion as a product like the DMP-A6. Presumably the DMP-A8 is similar in bench tests, so it’s not terribly surprising it sounds equally good to my separates.

Subjectively, the A8 does consistently sound different, with more mid-bass emphasis. On balance they are equally good but I do believe many experienced ears would be able to hear the difference in a DBX comparison.

Yeah I realize many here belong to the ASR cult and will refute that claim. But then most of them haven’t owned/experienced any front end gear that retails for over $1K. They won’t admit that of course, which is ironic considering they claim to be purveyors of the truth.

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Be it as you say, then.