My Zidoo Z9X.... (FW 6.2.5)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

i recently gor a m7702 in addition to my z9s. havent got round to do a A/B comparision, at first glance, z9s is a little sharper and m7702 is cleaner (less noise). color on the m7702 is richer but believe z9x has made some improvement on color.

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member Beta test group

Hi,

Update on page 1

Download link for the Firmware 0.66
    Download link for the Netflix apk (for those who will delete it by mistake)

[​IMG]

See you​

3. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

Update (2020/11/16) of my test with the CEC.

[​IMG]

CEC function that cannot be disabled with the previous FW is resolved, i had this problem and it disappeared with this new FW.

I can Turn off or Turn on devices independently
    (Zidoo Z9X / TV 77A9G / Pioneer SC-LX704 receiver)

------------------------------

EDIT:
    it seems that it doesn't work for some people eg those who have LG TV's.

See you

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  4. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

Zidoo Control Center
    (Web Browser)

For new users,

Zidoo offers a feature that we do not often talk about, this is the control center which allows you to manage your movies more pleasantly than with the Android keyboard on your tv and it is also a remote control if you use it with your Ipad or iphon.

It will work with any operating system as long as there is a web browser.

First, make sure you have your zidoo turned on

it seems that people need to open the HT 4 app otherwise the http-connection does not work, in my case it works without having to open HT4.0, then try both ways

All you need to do is write the IP address of your Zidoo with the port number :9528 in your web browser and press the enter key and you will have this main page

(to have the IP of your Zidoo, click on the ''ABOUT'' tile on the main page)

''http://ip_address:9528''

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I select ''movies'', a Poster Wall appears

[​IMG]

When i select a movie there is an icon (menu icon) which appears at the bottom right of the poster, click on it

[​IMG]

Options appear for edit movie information
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can also use it to change the poster and the background

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zidoo offers us a user-friendly way to edit our movie information in front of our PC instead of doing it with the Zidoo remote control which takes time ... so why go without?

[​IMG]

There are other features but i let you discover it by yourself...

See you

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  5. LifaleX

LifaleX New Member

Thank you for the tip, but I failed to connect to my Zidoo from my notebook via the browser. Windows tool of net checking says that the device is available but doesn't respond.

6. McBluna

McBluna Active Member

Please double check that your browser don't switch to https. HTTP://<ip>:9528
    Devices with OpenWRT should work with HTTP://openwrt:9528
    Screenshot_20201119-110715_Firefox.jpg

7. LifaleX

LifaleX New Member

Yes, sure I did.

8. LifaleX

LifaleX New Member

Thank you. It worked at last.

9. OlivierQC

10. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

Zidoo has to be turned on AND you have to start home theater app on Zidoo. At least for me http-connection does not work if app is not started.

Other questions regarding http connection via PC:
    - Adobe Flash has to be installed on the PC - Flash will not be supported anymore next year, any plans to switch to another standard?
    - Uploading own posters/ backdrops does not work with the latest firmware. By pressing "Upload Picture" I can select a picture, but it is not saved in home theater
    - How can I unlock all movies at once? About 30% of my movies are (randomly?) locked in home theater - do I have to unlock them all manually one by one?

11. OlivierQC

I do not need to open the HT app to be able to use the zidoo control on my PC, I am on the home page when I use it....but I will add your remark in my message

About Flash, good question, let's ask Zidoo

yes and with the previous FW also, I speak about it 1 or 2 page before and I sent a message to zidoo, we would see if they can solve the problem.

do I have to unlock them all manually one by one? I don't know, if anyone has the answer thank you in advance

See you

fsim2000 likes this.
  12. McBluna

McBluna Active Member

13. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

14. UncleComfort

UncleComfort New Member

Hi Olivier, thanks for sharing your settings for the z9x. I used them with great results. May I know if you would change anything for a OLED tv in particular the LG CX? Thanks in advance for your response.

15. OlivierQC

Hello,

I use these settings with my Sony 77A9G OLED, in my opinion there is nothing to change :)

See you

16. UncleComfort

UncleComfort New Member

Great Thanks.

By the way, just to confirm the following setting.

Under Playback ---> Frame Rate Switch ----> Frame Rate mode ---> Your setting is Only Frame Rate and Frame Rate pause is 3s?

17. OlivierQC

Hi,

Sorry I made a mistake ( i modified the video)

I use Frame-Rate and resolution and i set 3 secondes of delay (pause) to allow for my TV / receiver to change refresh rate but depending on your equipments you can also choose an another delay, do some tests.

See you

18. OlivierQC

Hi,

Today I watched the movie ''Midway'' in Dolby Vision and DTS-HD MA 7.1 (European version)

[​IMG]

The Z9X went on sale in mid-August and people like Ghostshadow are bringing us MKV Dolby Vision movies with DTS HD MA 7.1 soundtrack, only 3 months later.

[​IMG]

A very special thank you to Ghostshadow for this nice gift before Christmas

I tell you right away ... the movie has no glitches, we enjoy the show from start to finish...I don't regret having a Zidoo Z9X.

---------------

About MKV DV movies with an Atmos soundtrack, i hope Zidoo can fix this problem

Looking Forward to Hearing From them

See you

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Choubs likes this.
  19. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger New Member

That sounds very good. But the color banding will still be there, right? I have a Fire TV Cube here, which reproduces DV with BT.709. The problem with color banding does not exist here. I assume that BT.2020 will trigger this.

20. Choubs

Choubs New Member

Hi,

@OlivierQC What problem do you have with .mkv Dolby Vision and ATMOS soundtrack ? At home it works on a Sony KD-65AF8 TV and Zidoo Z1000 Pro (v6.0.66_G).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020