My Zidoo Z9X.... (FW 6.2.5)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member Beta test group

Hello,

[​IMG]

Scrapping of your collection is finished and some of your movies are not available

Le scrape de votre collection est terminée et certains de vos films ne sont pas disponibles

Click on the "UNMATCHED" icon

Cliquez sur l'icône "UNMATCHED"

[​IMG]

Here are the movies not recognized by HT4.0, select one and press the '' POP MENU '' button.

Vous accédez aux films qui ne sont pas reconnus par HT 4.0, sélectionnez un film et appuyez sur le bouton '' POP MENU ''.

[​IMG]

A drop-down menu appears, select '' Re Match ''

Un choix d'options apparait, sélectionner '' Re Match ''

[​IMG]

Select the title that is displayed, if no title choice appears, enter it manually

Sélectionner le titre du film qui apparait, si aucun choix n'est disponible, saisissez-le manuellement

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After validating the title clic on TMDB and movie choices will appear on the left of the screen.

Après avoir validé le titre, cliquez sur TMDB et un ou plusieurs choix de films apparaîtront à gauche de l'écran.

[​IMG]

Use the directional keys to choose the movie that match with your title

Utiliser les touches directionnelles pour choisir le film qui correspond au titre

[​IMG]

Click on OK to the right of the screen, and Ht4.0 will match the informations with your video file.

Cliquez sur OK à droite de l'écran, et HT4.0 fera l'association des informations avec votre film

[​IMG]

It is done.

[​IMG]

See you

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  2. OlivierQC

Hello,

[​IMG]

Ht4.0 has customization tools, for example you can change posters if the one imposed by HT 4.0 does not convenient

Choose a movie and press the '' POP MENU '' key

[​IMG]

Select ''change image''

[​IMG]

Choose the poster you like as well as the wallpaper click on ''OK'' key and use the return key

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's that easy!...with HT Posterwall V4.0

[​IMG]

See you

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  3. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

In addition to the Grid mode, HT4.0 offers 2 more view modes
    it is a vertical mode and Horizontal mode.

En plus du mode par default, HT4.0 propose 2 modes d'affichage supplémentaires.

Un mode vertical ainsi qu'un mode horizontal.

------------------

Go to '' Setting / poster View '' select '' Poster display mode '' and choose your favourite.

Dans ''Setting / poster View'' selectionner ''Poster display mode'' et choisissez celui qui vous convient

[​IMG]

Horizontal mode

[​IMG]

Vertical mode

[​IMG]

See you

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  4. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

my sony 75x950h is good with those files on 0.35 displaying DV, no black screen.
    hdr set to auto.

5. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

OliverQC you use v6.0.35_G or v6.0.35?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  6. OlivierQC

Hi,

I am using v6.0.45G.

I did some new tests with the new FW and the files work fine on the Z9X

in summary, I have the same results as with 6.0.35G

See you

7. OlivierQC

Good question,

You should create a thread for this, people on this forum with Panasonic TVs may have the same problem and you will get an answer to your question

8. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

What is the diference for firware with G and without G?

Sorry the question

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

10. McBluna

McBluna Active Member

I've found this issue allready a few month ago but did not care because I don't use the Zidoo scrapper and I just thought Zidoo would notice it.

Home Theater uses guessit.io. Today GuessIt is a stand alone python library that extracts as much information as possible from a video filename. In the past they provided an API but it's not available anymore.

https://guessit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

https://github.com/guessit-io/guessit-rest
    A test server is available on https://api.guessit.io. This server has a small API rate limit, so if you really need a GuessIt REST API, you have to host it on your own server.

Here is the scrapper flow for a a file called "Solo - A Star Wars Story.mkv"

1. query guessit.io
    request
    Code:
    GET /guess?filename=Solo%20-%20%20A%20Star%20Wars%20Story.mkv HTTP/1.1
    Host: guessit.io
    Accept-Encoding: gzip
    User-Agent: okhttp/4.7.2
    Connection: keep-alive

response
    Code:
    HTTP/1.1 410 Gone
    Server: nginx/1.6.2
    Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 12:38:00 GMT
    Content-Type: text/html
    Content-Length: 158

<html>
    <head><title>410 Gone</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>410 Gone</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx/1.6.2</center>
    </body>
    </html>

2. response is empty

3. query themoviedb.org
    request
    Code:
    GET /3/search/movie?api_key=********************************&query=Solo+-++A+Star+Wars+Story.mkv&language=de-DE HTTP/1.1
    User-Agent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 7.1.1; ZIDOO_Z9S Build/N9F27C)
    Host: api.themoviedb.org
    Connection: Keep-Alive

response
    Code:
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8
    Content-Length: 57
    Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 12:38:00 GMT
    Server: openresty
    Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
    Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE, OPTIONS
    Access-Control-Expose-Headers: ETag, X-RateLimit-Limit, X-RateLimit-Remaining, X-RateLimit-Reset, Retry-After, Content-Length, Content-Range
    ETag: 8e6292c3d9056c0d08bd7f939021844e
    Cache-Control: public, max-age=120
    X-Cache: Miss from cloudfront
    Via: 1.1 a36403421b18ef7385d5575765e6c415.cloudfront.net (CloudFront)
    X-Amz-Cf-Pop: AMS54-C1
    X-Amz-Cf-Id: uvX6r9OzD6qbCkSbgRWS5KzdTds3kD9i8BuoyEeUBrmadLN3IkYFIQ==

{"page":1,"total_results":0,"total_pages":0,"results":[]}

4. no match

5. query imdb
    request
    Code:
    GET /suggests/s/Solo%20-%20%20A%20Star%20Wars%20Story.mkv.json HTTP/1.1
    User-Agent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 7.1.1; ZIDOO_Z9S Build/N9F27C)
    Host: v2.sg.media-imdb.com
    Connection: Keep-Alive

response
    Code:
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Content-Type: application/javascript
    Content-Length: 624
    Server: Server
    Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 12:37:59 GMT
    x-amz-rid: D9WXBCVTJB14M2VDKGWT
    x-amzn-RequestId: 1211091c-5221-457b-b5b5-7c73d3c36556
    Content-Encoding: gzip
    Link: </schemas/json/response/imdb/api/search/suggestion/response.js>; rel="describedby"
    Via: 1.1 e7e7960d7731a7583cedd8f1ff1aca38.cloudfront.net (CloudFront), 1.1 4445c4223f8c2460ef5d29a08d1cc6ad.cloudfront.net (CloudFront)
    X-Amz-Cf-Pop: FRA6-C1
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    X-Cache: Miss from cloudfront
    X-Amz-Cf-Pop: AMS54-C1
    X-Amz-Cf-Id: cyjXC9d8tfts420whQo8DSk594I6Fdsirm-HYckqTo8CEkvras28cA==

imdb$Solo_-__A_Star_Wars_Story.mkv({"v":1,"q":"Solo_-__A_Star_Wars_Story.mkv","d":[{"l":"Solo: A Star Wars Story","id":"tt3778644","s":"Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson","y":2018,"q":"feature","vt":38,"i":["https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BOTM2NTI3NTc3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzM1OTQyNTM@._V1_.jpg",1382,2048],"v":[{"l":"Official Trailer","id":"vi1229043737","s":"1:29","i":["https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BOGI2NGY3NmMtNGY5NC00ODZlLTk1ODUtOTNhNWRkY2NiNTkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXRodW1ibmFpbC1pbml0aWFsaXplcg@@._V1_.jpg",1920,802]},{"l":"Comic-Con@Home 2020 Top Moments","id":"vi3716070937","s":"3:36","i":["https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BOGU4ZmI2ZjUtZmRiOS00YWQ5LWI3NTktZjA3ZTNhYWMxNzVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQWFsZWxvZw@@._V1_.jpg",1920,1080]},{"l":"Becoming Solo Featurette","id":"vi4267358233","s":"2:07","i":["https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNTMyZjhkMmYtYTU2YS00MTgyLTljNGMtNGM3YjFkYWJiZmZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXRodW1ibmFpbC1pbml0aWFsaXplcg@@._V1_.jpg",1920,1080]}]},{"l":"Live from the Red Carpet of Solo: A Star Wars Story!","id":"tt10121046","s":"Anthony Carboni, David W. Collins","y":2018,"q":"TV special"}]})

6. finally some info about actors and images

I took a deeper look with Postman to check themoviedb API and found this differences:

request from Home Theater
    https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?language=de-DE&query=Solo+-++A+Star+Wars+Story.mkv
    Code:
    {
        "page": 1,
        "total_results": 0,
        "total_pages": 0,
        "results": []
    }

my request with Postman
    https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?language=de-DE&query=Solo - A Star Wars Story
    Code:
    {
        "page": 1,
        "total_results": 1,
        "total_pages": 1,
        "results": [
            {
                "popularity": 51.067,
                "vote_count": 5716,
                "video": false,
                "poster_path": "/5oI4V64EJCBWGPdaFVkwpBvhKSX.jpg",
                "id": 348350,
                "adult": false,
                "backdrop_path": "/7LZ0K4FsALrt7OeNIGOVLNuKQRU.jpg",
                "original_language": "en",
                "original_title": "Solo: A Star Wars Story",
                "genre_ids": [
                ],
                "title": "Solo: A Star Wars Story",
                "vote_average": 6.6,
                "overview": "Im Mittelpunkt steht der junge Schmuggler Han Solo dessen erstes großes Abenteuer gezeigt wird. Solo ist von der Flugakademie geworfen worden, weil er seinen eigenen Kopf hat – eine Eigenschaft, die er auch anschließend nicht verliert. Sein Mentor, der zwielichtige Gangster Tobias Beckett, schickt ihn auf eine wichtige Mission. Begleitet wird Solo unter anderem von seinem neuen, treuen Freund Chewbacca, von Qi’Ra die ihn kennt wie kein anderer – und von Lando Calrissian",
                "release_date": "2018-05-15"
            }
        ]
    }

So I guess it's clearly something Zidoo has to fix ASAP in Home Theater.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  11. rozel

rozel Active Member

I've never seen the point of a Poster Wall - the only reason I can see the use for it is if you are in a hurry and want to play the title with one, possibly two clicks of the remote. Yes it looks nice and yes if you have children it makes some sense, I suppose, assuming you have the parental guidance sorted :) But I much prefer a file listing just one possibly 2 clicks more.

I'd like Zidoo to release the new firmware asap now so we can get to grips with the more urgent fixes associated with the VS10 engine, which I assume the new SOC wanted to bring to the table and set these media players apart from the rest of the market. New Soc = new technology = more bugs = PATIENCE.

@OlivierQC - your posts are far far too unecessary - do you really need to post a "Warning" in this forum? You come across as one angry person. There are so many helpful members on here that devote loads of their own time to helping others. They don't need your anger, they don't work for Zidoo. Please take your anger away or moderate your posts.

12. McBluna

McBluna Active Member

@rozel Just my guess but I'd say a broken scrapper is a problem for the majority of the Zidoo owners and the VS10 stuff not.

13. rozel

rozel Active Member

That's a fair point (one I don't agree with) but why do you think that is? Why is the Poster Wall so important?

14. rozel

rozel Active Member

I didn't say they were useless, I simply said I didn't agree about the focus on the Poster Wall and his "angry" outbursts

15. OlivierQC

Hello McBluna,

Thank you for the explanation, i will share this with the French forum.

And we'll see if the Mirror team can fix it...

See you

16. OlivierQC

Yes I want to post WARNING in my Thread with a big icon to warn people that there is a problem and this is what I do for all my threads concerning Zidoo boxes for 4 years, here and on other forums.

People who read my threads trust me so I'm just telling the truth.

You don't even know what I've been doing for Zidoo for 4 years so keep your comments to yourself about helpful members and i stay polite.

DELUCAS likes this.
  17. OlivierQC

Hi,

As already said to Zidoo last week, I will wait for the next FW to update my threads with my new opinion concerning this box.

See you

18. Inikad

Inikad Member

Even for the previous generation (Z10 in my case), HT4.0 is a no go for the scrape of TV Series. I have flashed my Zidoo to go back to the previous firmware with HT3.0 and miracle, the scan of my TV series is back to perfect. However, the scan of the movies is really not great with one or the other (in my language: french) and, as explained by Olivier, french users also has the same issue with the last Zidoo players generation. My 2 cents. ;)

PS: McBluna, thanks a lot for all what you do for the community. :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  19. OlivierQC

Hi,

Here is my opinion of the Zidoo Z9X with the FW 6.0.85

A quoi s'attendre avec le Zidoo Z9X (FW 6.0.85)

[​IMG]
    ----------------------

[​IMG]

My settings

Here is my settings which will allow me to use my Zidoo Z9X without having any problems with my current movies collection.

Note that my settings do not change with the FW 0.85

Voici une video avec les réglages que j'utilise avec mon Zidoo Z9X.

A savoir que les réglages du FW.66 ne change pas et sont également bon pour le FW 0.85

----------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CEC function that cannot be disabled is resolved, i had this problem and it disappeared with this new FW.

I can Turn off or Turn on devices independently
    (Zidoo Z9X / TV 77A9G / Pioneer SC-LX704 receiver)

La fonction CEC fonctionne correctement

Je peux éteindre ou allumer mes appareils indépendamment
    (Récepteur Zidoo Z9X / TV 77A9G / Pioneer SC-LX704)

----------------------

[​IMG]

My Sony does not support HDR10 +, but I seem to have seen on the forums that HDR10 + is working fine

Mon Sony ne prend pas en charge le HDR10 +, mais les retours d'utilisateurs sur le forum confirme que le HDR10 + fonctionne.

----------------------

[​IMG]

Nothing to report for IMAX Enhanced video files. my Pioneer SC-LX704 switches to IMAX DTS X and my TV to HDR as for the previous generation

Rien à signaler avec les fichiers vidéo IMAX Enhanced., mon Pioneer SC-LX704 bascule sur IMAX DTS X et mon téléviseur sur HDR comme pour la génération précédente.

----------------------

[​IMG]

Nothing to report, the MP4 DV movies work properly with the Zidoo FW 0.85

Rien à signaler, les films MP4 Dolby Vision sont correctement lu par le Zidoo avec le FW 0.85

----------------------

[​IMG]

Nothing to report, the MKV DV (mel) movies work properly with the Zidoo FW 0.85

Rien à signaler, les films en MKV Dolby Vision (MEL) sont correctement lu par le Zidoo avec le FW 0.85

Important

Realtek developper (Playback Performance mode (experimental) = Activate

Switched reserve less buffer space = off

-------------------------

[​IMG]

DTS Demos with FW 6.0.85

DTS, DTS HD, DTS X are properly recognized by the Zidoo Z9X.

Le DTS, DTS HD, DTS X sont reconnus par le Zidoo Z9X

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

--------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Dolby Demos with FW 6.0.85

The various Dolby surround sound systems demos are properly recognized by the Zidoo Z9X.

Les divers demos Dolby (DD, DD+, Atmos, etc...) sont correctement reconnues par le Zidoo Z9X.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nothing special to say except that with my equipment and my settings everything works properly, this FW 0.85 brings compatibility with MKV DV (mel) Remux and Dolby Atmos

Rien de spécial à dire, ce Zidoo Z9X me permet de profiter de toutes ma collections de films en Full HD et UHD au format Remux et ISO. (ce FW 0.85 apporte la compatibilité avec les MKV DV (mel) Remux et le Dolby Atmos)

good job zidoo Team

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  20. OlivierQC

Zidoo Z9X...my opinion (FW 6.0.66)

[​IMG]

Movies

[​IMG]

HT 4.0 has a success rate of 98% at the end of the scan, 2% of my video files are missing...

there is a big improvement with this FW 6.0.66.
    Thanks Zidoo

----------------------

Collection

[​IMG]

Nothing negative to report, at the end of the scan, there are 2 or 3 errors, it is marginal compared to the number of collections I have in HT 4.0

----------------------

HT4.0 and TV shows

I encourage you to use ''thetvdb'' to verify that your information matches with the TVDB website, this will limit errors as some TV shows have special features ... like "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina".

click on to access
    [​IMG]

And I rename my TV shows like this...

Example : Lovecraft.Country.S01E01

and I get 100% success for now...

[​IMG]

This is only my opinion, but HT4.0 does its job well

I have no problem in my daily use with my TV Shows for now .

For information : I never use the subtitles, so I will not be able to give my opinion on this feature.

-----------------------------------------------------

Here is the page of your TV shows

[​IMG]

If there is only one season, HT4.0 will display it on the main page with all the other TV shows

By selecting it you have access to the episodes and you can start watching your show, it's simple and efficient, no need to go through different page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have several seasons of the same TV show, it will display a poster that includes them, by clicking on it you will have access to all the seasons.

For information : HT4.0 being customizable, you can choose the posters you prefer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BANDING
    [​IMG]

Sledgehamma in his Zidoo Z9X review talks about banding...

Here is the link of his excellent review on the Z9X
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/review-zidoo-z9x.82545/#post-135428

this banding exists since the first generation of Zidoo Realtek 1295 and the FW 1.4.12 ...

Zidoo fixed the problem after several FW and it has not totally disappeared but it is very discreet.

The banding is still there with the new generation RTD1619DR but as I said before it is very very discreet.

For me the banding becomes awkward if it is visible when we are in our sofa and we notice it while watching a movie and this is not the case with zidoo boxes.

I do not use an electronic device or a test chart to check this, I just watch movies which allow us to quickly detect if there is banding or not

Here are the 3 movies (there are surely others but I know those very well)

1.The martian (the sky of the planet Mars in the opening minutes of the movie.)

2.john Wick 2 (when we see New York and the bridge with the sky just after he leaves his house which is on fire)

3.The revenant (the sky in the first minutes of the movie)

[​IMG]

I use the AUTO mode and I am not bothered by this problem...

There is 2.40m between me and my 77 '' and I don't notice any banding in my daily use, I must be very very close to the panel to see a discreet banding in the sky of the planet Mars (The Martian movie) for example.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Choubs likes this.