Can we get proper audio information during playback?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Clark Kent, May 8, 2024.

1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

I've noticed a couple of inaccuracies with the Zidoo players during content playback and was wondering if they could be fixed?

1. I noticed that the Zidoo players don't show the audio information based on the content being played but seems to be the system thats processing the audio? Even when I'm playing DTS-HD MA 5.1 content, the Zidoo displays this as DTS-HD 8ch (7.1) audio. I guess technically it's playing out of 7.1 / 8channels via my AVR but the content is 5.1. - Is there a reason for this that I don't understand perhaps? If there isn't a reason to do it, could this be fixed so the player reads the MediaInfo and determines how many channels the content has rather than "calculating" it from the HDMI amp info. I've put some screenshots below with an orange line pointing to where I mean.

Blu-ray Player Interface Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Media Info Interface Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

2. Players also don't specify what kind of audio format is being played. Specifically with DTS-HD Master Audio where it just says DTS-HD, which can be lossless or lossy, it doesn't really mean Master Audio, it can also be used for High Resolution. Would it be possible to get the players / info areas to specify what audio format is being played correctly? There should be enough information in the MediaInfo to show this.

In the Blu-ray Screenshot 1 you can see a title with DTS:X is being played however the player interface and media info interface only show DTS-HD 8ch which doesn't tell me much other than it's 7.1 which in this case is correct but not in all cases as pointed out in issue number 1. Ideally it could show that it is DTS-HD Master Audio, also that it is DTS:X - perhaps you could use small logos for this? Is it possible to also have "5.1" / "7.1" rather than "6ch" and "8ch"? Same for Media Info Interface Screenshot 1.

The same applies for Dolby TrueHD Atmos audio, currently it only says Dolby TrueHD 8ch which tells me a little more than DTS's case since TrueHD is only a single format, but there's nothing to show that it's Atmos. The MediaInfo does have enough information to retrieve this info. Check Blu-ray Screenshot 2 and Media Info Interface Screenshot 2.

I've attached some logos that could be used / an idea of what I mean for Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS:X content.

Blu-ray Player Interface Screenshot 1:
    [​IMG]

Media Info Interface Screenshot 1:
    [​IMG]

Blu-ray Player Interface Screenshot 2:
    [​IMG]

Media Info Interface Screenshot 2:
    [​IMG]

Logos:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyway, end of post! All just questions and hope :)

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Very long standing bug that has been on my bug list since 2020.

Clark Kent likes this.
  3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Oh I see! Glad someone else has noticed too. Do you think it will be addressed at all?

4. Markswift2003

I kind of doubt it - as I say it's been on the buglist forever and never seems to get addressed.

5. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

Yep. One of the first bugs I noticed when coming over to Zidoo products and has bothered me ever since. Really wish they would fix this one!

Clark Kent likes this.
  6. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Do you know which application houses the Blu-ray player. Is it the Home Theatre / Posterwall app? Perhaps I can take a look at the decompiled app myself. I’m a software dev so it wouldn’t be brand new to me…

7. Markswift2003

The player is called Gallery3D - the apk is zidoo_videoplay.apk and the package name com.android.gallery3D

8. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Awesome, thanks. I’ll take a look :)

Engineer99 and Jordan Walker like this.