Beta version v1.0.86 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Apr 29, 2024.

1. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

Hello. Samsung TV All recommend HDMI color range: 16-235 and Display/HDR: Auto
    In my case, the picture is more natural in the range 0-255 and Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (Output HDR)
    Why is that? UHD5000

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Samsung TVs don't support HDMI range switching in YCbCr so if you switch to 0-255 and you're not in RGB with a Samsung you'll crush black and bloom white badly.

As far as I know this applies to all Samsung but if you want to send me your EDID with the box directly connected to the TV I can confirm.

Attached Files:

3. Legendsiro

Legendsiro New Member

:eek::eek:

4. Ramdi

Ramdi New Member

Hello,

I my Z9X pro connected to my Onkyo RZ50 and the TV connected throug HDMI eARC.
    How can I see the TV edid and show you?

Thnks

5. Markswift2003

Temporarily connect the Zidoo direct to the TV (so the Amp EDID does not interfere) and do:

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

Ramdi likes this.
  6. Legendsiro

Legendsiro New Member

o_O:eek:o_O:eek:o_O

Anyway, this is a f**** bug that needs to be fixed ASAP…its so f***** annoying

7. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

I use a Syn nas also ..but no problems

8. Markswift2003

Don't you mean you have no f***** problems?

geebolt and AngryVirginian like this.
  9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I really don't think this is a bug with the Zidoo. I connect my Z9X Pro to a synology NAS and have never seen this behaviour after reboots with music player or HT4. There must be something wrong with your set up

10. Legendsiro

Legendsiro New Member

thanks for the reply

after hours of digging I found that the synology nas firewall is blocking the connection every time I reboot zidoo…so I added a rule inside synology nas firewall to my zidoo IP address only to allow all ports and protocols…the problem is now solved…i was frustrated with issue for a while

11. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

I have the exact same problem here!

12. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Exactly the same in my case, no issues. Check your NAS settings.

13. Legendsiro

Legendsiro New Member

NAS firewall was blocking the connection for Zidoo music only…so tweaking my firewall rules solved the issue

14. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

Zidoo connected directly to a Samsung S90C TV. Please look at my EDID

Attached Files:

15. Markswift2003

Ok, yes, as expected, it doesn't support HDMI Range selection in YUV:

upload_2024-5-8_11-41-48.png

So either set HDMI Range to Auto or 16-235.

misichavichus likes this.
  16. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

The EDIDs are as expected?
    I will use it through ONKYO RZ50. on the old TV he made some changes and there were errors

Which is better to use Dolby Vision VS10 (HDR output) or auto?
    Do I need to include my EDID or is it also the default?
    Is there anything I need to change to support VS10?

You modified the EDID for my old TV and everything was ok. A week ago I changed the TV and reset the EDID for you to look at, since the TV will be used through an ONKYO receiver which can interfere. Do I need to change anything in EDID?

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited: May 8, 2024
  17. nmfrankl

nmfrankl Member

Question regarding firmware:

I am new to the Zidoo ecosystem.

I installed the .75 G firmware after I got the Z9X Pro. Does that mean the unit will not alert me of any new official firmware when it becomes available?

If I manually update to the non-G .86, will that cause any issues?

18. Markswift2003

OTA updates are rare and somewhat random - definitely not to be relied upon - always use this forum to check for the latest in the stickies.

Updating G to non-G should be fine.

nmfrankl likes this.
  19. jettthasan

jettthasan New Member

Hello, in zidoo z9x pro 1.0.52 I could choose the external media I wanted in HDD and ZDMC. In 1.0.86, openwith zidoo is the starter on HDD and ZDMC, video player is in the second place, I do not have the chance to choose other external media players (vlc-xplayer-wufy media player etc.).

20. Ndgame

Ndgame New Member

Just curious but other than the access to the Google Play store is there any difference between the standard firmware and the _G firmware? I strictly use the Zidoo for a streamer for my movies. I don't use streaming apps and I don't use it for music so I have never went back to the _G firmware.

If there is added features to the Zidoo that aren't related to Google Play let me know.