Beta version v1.0.85 for Z9X Pro release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

You're right as far it's reproducible but those you play stuttering and others play fine, the issue comes from your side only. HDMI cable is my personal experience and thinking.

2. royibo

royibo New Member

Also in my side, both files play without problems on UHD5000, although I did not understand a word...

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Same as @blenky , both files play perfectly - and it's not like they're complicated codecs either - one 2 channel AC3 and one 6 channel E-AC3.

It won't be a cable issue. You say they work in ZDMC - what player are you using on ZDMC?

I assume you've tried setting audio to both RAW and Auto?

4. KJC

KJC Member

Thank you all for replying.
    Since I'm using the official HDMI cable that comes with the Zidoo device, I don't think the cable is causing it.
    Setting audio to auto introduces stutter for sample 1 and no audio for sample 2.
    Setting audio to RAW shows an audio codec not supported error.
    Setting audio to L-PCM plays both sample files fine, but then it plays everything in the 2.0 channel, right?

The most important question is: How come these two sample files are playing fine with your Z9X Pro device and not with mine? Uploading the files will change any codec, format, or what?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
  5. Markswift2003

No, uploading will not change the file in any way. This isn't an issue with the cable or the player (unless it's faulty - very doubtful) it's to do with decoding the bitstream - what amp/receiver are you using?

6. KJC

KJC Member

I'm using TV's internal sound bar. No amp or receiver. On TV its showing audio not supported. Why so? Can it be a TVs issue?

7. Robert17

Robert17 New Member

1. Did you restore factory settings after the update?
    2. Check on another TV

8. Markswift2003

Yeah, it's kind of got to be - the Zidoo just puts out a bitstream - whatever's at the other end decodes it and we've demonstrated that the bitstream is OK by using your files.

9. KJC

KJC Member

Do I need to perform factory restore after the update? Haven't done it coz it will reset all the picture setting and accounts(YT, Play store) I've connected.

10. Markswift2003

No, not usually.

11. KJC

KJC Member

@Markswift2003 Can you explain why this audio format is showing "None" and it's not recognized by Z9X pro?

Attached Files:

12. Markswift2003

Goodness knows!

The codec ID is A_QUICKTIME which presumably has something to do with Apple which generally means it won't work with anything normal people use.

And vobsub subtitles???

Really?

I suggest you find a new source for your content...

13. KJC

KJC Member

Then how come the same video file is perfectly playable with ZDMC?
    Just tried playing the movie with ZDMC and its playing perfectly fine.

If its just a software, which is not allowing the audio or not recognizing it then zidoo should allow it for the same of play back.

14. Markswift2003

Depends on the player

15. KJC

KJC Member

That's what I'm saying.
    Why zidoo's default player doesn't allow this quciktime format where as zdmc or kodi supports.
    Zidoo should allow flexible playback options and shouldn't stick yo just standard bluray formats.

16. Markswift2003

Completely and utterly disagree - the Zidoo player is way more complicated, with VS10 implementation, conversions in and out of DV - HDR agility and a huge amount of flexibility.

If it became a "do it all" player then it would become diluted - If you want that just get a $40 Kodi box or even a Shield but the Zidoo is designed for a specific purpose which it does really well.

17. KJC

KJC Member

Not everyone is technically sound....what a user need, is a player that should allow most of the existing formats(both audio/video). "Do it all" never means that its diluting its purpose. Fulfilling basic playback isn't a big thing to ask for.

18. Markswift2003

Then as I say, maybe in that case a standard Kodi box or Shield is appropriate. There will never be a "one size fits all" solution.

19. KJC

KJC Member

They(fans/users) say zidoo is the best player that supports many formats. This is what I got to know when I was searching before buying this pro device.
    VS10 has never been my priority...that's the function I have never used till date....I guess VS10 function is built for non HDR or DV TVs/PJs and since my TV can do DV I never played with those options.

I guess you're not getting my point of "Basic Playback Capabilities".

Anyways can I convert HDR content to DV without triggering the complete UI into DV?

Also converting HDR into DV really shows any visible difference?

Last edited: May 2, 2024
  20. KJC

KJC Member

I think it has nothing to do with complexity of a player. Complexity of VS10 engine is a video thing and I'm talking about format. If something is playing fine with manually installed players (ZDMC/Kodi) then its just the internal player that's not recognizing the audio file...something that can be fixed with software.