Will the A8 ever be RoonReady ?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Andre.Gosselin, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Andre.Gosselin

Andre.Gosselin New Member

The post title says it all. The A6 was RoonReady from the start, the A8 still is not.
    Any response from the Zidoo devs ?

2. Ecki

Ecki New Member

Roon readiness: we can speculate on and on, but to be honest -and this is my very personal opinion- i don't care a single second...

3. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

Yet you felt the need to spend several minutes to read and reply to a thread titled,
    "Will the A8 ever be RoonReady ?"

4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Certification is still in progress.

5. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

Thanks mirror. This gives me hope. :)

6. snafu

snafu New Member

I've been holding off upgrading from the A6 for this reason. Seems strange since the A6 is already certified, the A8 should be a piece-of-cake?

Jerry Bokko likes this.
  7. Jerry Bokko, Bergholdt and snafu like this.
  8. snafu

snafu New Member

Jerry Bokko likes this.
  9. Jerry Bokko

Jerry Bokko New Member

oh lord just pulled the trigger on A8, using as a streamer. Was hoping it would be quick as A6 was already Roon Ready

10. Jerry Bokko

Jerry Bokko New Member

Looks like I can't post photos here so I'll post email. Today two moderators with Roon a Carl and some Rimmer guy (does he know what that means) took exception to what you posted here thebiglebowsk.
    I have removed my name and email as they are unique and pretty easy to Google.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: system via Roon Labs Community <no-reply@roonlabs.com>
    Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2024 5:43 PM
    To:
    Subject:
    [Roon Labs Community] [PM] Flagged post removed by staff

system Roon Staff
    May 9

Hello,

This is an automated message from Roon Labs Community to let you know that your post was removed.

Your post was flagged for moderator attention: the community feels something about the post requires manual intervention by a staff member.

This post was flagged by the community and a staff member opted to remove it.

EN">Read in Zidoo forum person doing certifications for Roon walked out.
    Please review our community guidelines for details.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So I have often thought Roon was smoke and mirrors hiding most of its problems yet here you post proof while they hide it (Roon Staff).

While I love the Roon product their moderators. Hmmm.
    To get Roon working with A8.
    On screen touch streamers category, scroll to bottom. Tap the Squeezeconnect app. A8 screen should display IP and roon server name.
    Tap connect on line with your Roon server.
    Start or switch to Roon, select (gear) Settings, Audio there should now be a Logitech category enable your a8. Now most people just stop here put on music and enjoy.
    If you are a tweaker or nerd.
    Access settings I have DSD strategy set to PCM. My DAC does native not DSD over PCM DOP v1. select if your dac supports. look at manufactures forum or website.
    My DAC doesn’t support MQA. Select relevant settings. Again check manufacturers resources. Keep in mind your streaming service needs to support MQA as well.
    Now I used fixed volume because I have a preamp and remote. Experiment with variable but would start with both volumes low. I left variable off because I found a slight difference in sound. Do lick clicking sound.
    Now under advanced I disabled PCM compression the ones I made aren’t compressed. Experiment.
    Max sample rate my DAC safe to set 192k investigate on manufacturers website.
    I disable MQA decoder as it limits roon to 24/96 don’t believe you need this on if DAC supports MQA. Don’t use it experiment. Unless you are use a sustrm capable of 5.1 or better multichannel down mix to to stereo. Don’t forget to save your settings.
    This is based on the Logitech Squeezebox system/ protocol. you will find your metadata and album art don’t work. I find roon rock is less stable it can crash once in a day or two...so for now power down A8 when done. If using Roon server elsewhere.
    Dog likes his tunes, big Dave Matthews fan...

Great product Eversolo keep up the good work.

Last edited: May 11, 2024