ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I guess this is related to where the apps get the trailer list from and with what properties. Could you give me some examples and I'll check what the apps are doing.

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I think it’s related to limited number of codecs in HT Newplayer software used for trailers.

I have to disagree here with ZDMC/Kodi vs HT for trailers support. Trailers automatically picked up by ZDMC are any low quality, old or fan made YouTube source. HT does the same thing and some of the trailers don’t work at all. However Zidoo was listening to us end users and implemented local trailers. You can download your own high quality trailer and it will play it first. You can even go one step further and make it play full screen with proper resolution and refresh rate using Zidoo player without any stutter.
    ZDMC or Kodi can’t do that ;)

3. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I have some problems on a tv series mkv 1080p 25hz non hdr. When the frame rate switch is activated, the zidoo switches to 23,98hz and stutters. Media information on the zidoo shows 23,98hz but this is not correct its 25hz
    My shield TV switches to the correct 25hz

I hope there will be a new firmware soon
    Z9x v6.0.35 without g

I can live with that the dolby vision mkv is not working correctly, but no picture with some normal x265 hdr videos, and a 25hz not working frame rate switch, on some videos is a no go

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you provide an example file?

5. DennisTheMenace

yes i can, do a sample
    here is the media info from my pc

Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 4
    File size : 3,42 GiB
    Duration : 50 min 57s
    Overall bit rate mode : variabel
    Overall bit rate : 9 600 kb/s
    Encoded date : UTC 2020-09-16 19:18:51
    Writing application : mkvmerge v46.0.0 ('No Deeper Escape') 32-bit
    Writing library : libebml v1.3.10 + libmatroska v1.5.2

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Ja
    Format settings, Reference frames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 50 min 56s
    Bit rate mode : variabel
    Bit rate : 8 574 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 12,4 Mb/s
    Width : 1 920 Pixel
    Height : 1 080 Pixel
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : konstant
    Frame rate : 25,000 FPS
    Original frame rate : 23,976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : progressiv
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.165
    Stream size : 3,05 GiB (89%)
    Language : Deutsch
    Default : Ja
    Forced : Nein
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

i sended the link to you

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  6. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi mate, just a quick question?
    Why was the original frame rate 23.976 and why did it need to be changed to 25.00?

7. DennisTheMenace

I don't know, it's a good question, I don't ripped that file, but it stutters, and my nvidia shield doesn't, that's all I can say

8. DennisTheMenace

Nvidia shield 25 fps
    Zidoo z9x 23,9 fps

9. DennisTheMenace

I think it has been changed to 25hz because of the German sound source, our tv channels are sending in 25hz

And the video source is a American stream

It's a so called german dubbed video file

10. vddan

vddan Active Member

Bonjour,
    Je viens de France et j'ai exactement le même problème que «Dennis la menace» avec des saccades sur certaines séries qui ont été réencodées en 25hz, mais qui avaient un framerate original de 23.976hz. Le Zidoo lit le framerate original et non le 25hz réencodé!
    J'ai une Dune Réalbox 4K qui lit correctement le même fichier sans secousses (25hz) !!
    Un petit retour à Zidoo serait le bienvenu ;)

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  11. DennisTheMenace

Vddan
    Google translate:

I am from France and I have exactly the same problem as "Dennis the threat" with jerks on some videos which were re-encoded in 25hz, but which had an original framerate of 23.976hz. The Zidoo reads the original framerate not the re-encoded 25hz! I have a Dune Réalbox 4K which correctly reads the same file without jerking (25hz)! ! A little return to Zidoo would be welcome eâ

12. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you Denis I thought I put it in English ............ sorry !!

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Thought that might be it.

Usually in instances like this, the original content is 23.976 and it's then been telecined to 25fps for broadcast.

In that case the "Frame Rate" as reported by MediaInfo is a calculation done on the first few frames and the "Original Frame Rate" is calculated from the "Default Duration" (in nanoseconds) recorded in the header. If the two are the same, MediaInfo should report only "Frame Rate".

I would have expected the "Default Duration" of your file to have been 41708333 (which equates to 23.976fps), so simply changing that to 4000000 would fix it, but that's not the case - in this case, the Default Duration in the header is already 40000000 which equates to 25fps so I'm not sure what's going on.

There's something odd about the file in that something else other than the MKV header is giving the "Original Framerate".

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I reported this exact same issue to Zidoo in February 2019 on the Z9S. See below. Zidoo asked me to upload a sample - which I did. The acknowledged receipt of upload and said the engineers would look at it. That is all I heard.

15. DennisTheMenace

I'm not so deep in that technical stuff, I know i can use mkvtoolnix to fix it, but why I have to? I mean when kodi on my shield TV switches to the correct 25hz, there must be a way that the zidoo z9x can do it also ? It's not a magic?
    I hope this can be fixed in a future firmware update because I have a lot tv shows that have the same issue

If not I sell that Player in the future, because I don't want to waste my time to fix all my tv series because of that

16. Good morning,

so if I set HDR (on the Zidoo), for the HDR part, the HDR content, a low latency DV will be "transformed", right?

Thanks in advance ..........

17. DennisTheMenace

Hmm ok I tested some other files with original frame rate of 23,9 encoded to 25fps, and they worked.
    So Markswift2003 is right saying it's something odd about the file, I hope the most of my tv shows work, I have to test them.
    But like other users said, some other players included my shield are switching to the right 25 fps that's the thing that suspicious me

18. vddan

vddan Active Member

Personally I have to set the output of the reader to 25hz and remove the auto framerate, to be able to read these series correctly !!!
    Not very practical ................

19. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Are we getting a firmware update this week? Still waiting for the IPv6 fix.

20. DennisTheMenace

I also sent the sample links to the zidoo support, I hope they can fix it, but what blenky reported, he already done that, my hopes aren't high