ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Dave5118

Dave5118 New Member

Thanks for that, that's a bit more reassuring :)

2. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Date Time issue, date time frequently reset back to 2018, how to resolve it?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Clock CR1220 cell omitted :(
    My Z9X was shipped without a backup clock cell in contrary to my Z9S. Zidoo confirmed me this will be the case with all their new models. It is not so much a cost saver but avoids problems with international transportation regulations for batteries they told me. It seems Russia does not like them being mounted for instance.
    The clock circuitry is clearly coupled to the standby power with this SOC design. This reduces the impact to zero provided the unit remains connected to the grid constantly. Also without being connected to the Internet the clock will remain counting and providing the correct time even with standby cycles. If desired the CR1220 3V cell can be retrofitted opening the box as the socket for it remains in place.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    thaworn R likes this.
  4. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Thank you, Nice Monkey. i will add one.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If you leave it plugged in there's no need and if it has internet access it constantly queries time servers.

thaworn R and andreamusso.am like this.
  6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

7. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Totally agree with you! ;)

andreamusso.am likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Yes - completely agree - there are a few issues to be ironed out, but this is a great little box.

9. ta0801

ta0801 New Member

I have my Z9X for one or two weeks now and I must say- for me this is the best player ever. :)

The only issue I have: The Power supply comes with a rather short cable.
    I want to buy an extender fo the coaxial power connector, but I am stuggeling to messure it right.

I messure 5.0 mm x 2.5 mm - but that is very uncommon.
    Or is it: standard 5.5 × 2.5 mm?

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Just cut it in the middle and splice with another cable. Get something like 2x #16 or #18 cable from local electronic store. Solder connections and heat shrink if you want to make it look good.

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You can get extension cables with matching plugs in all lengths. These are sold/used a lot for LED strips. Also power splitters are available via that channel.

I am using a single 12V 5A Linear PSU for multiple boxes in one go that way. ;)

12. Markswift2003

If you don't fancy a bit of soldering, just Google "2.5mm dc jack extension"

13. Goodmorning everyone,
    sorry for the OT but hopefully the Z9x should arrive next week and from that moment on, I have the impression that you will get tired of my questions .......

Clearly it is a joke but, a grain of truth, there is.
    Greetings to all of you, Andrea.

ammar11 and blenky like this.
  14. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Was waiting for Sledgehamma’s review but I guess he’s too busy. Need to have a device tomorrow so I can watch my movies in the weekend, it has been a while don’t think I can wait anymore.

So I might get the NVIDIA Shield instead tomorrow, unless someone can confirm if I can connect my internal BD-ROM drive to Z9X using the SATA connection and watch my blu-ray discs?

15. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

No, Zidoo or Shield do not perform AACS decryption.

ammar11 likes this.
  16. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Thanks! It’s not important, but could be a winning factor. Shield for me then. Cheers.

17. Good morning to all of you,

towards the weekend, beginning next, the Z9x should arrive, so if you can tell me in which discussion and number of posts, there are the complete settings to start .......
    I read all your interventions and many, there are settings, but finding them is not easy for me.

Please note that I have a Sony KD-65XE9350 TV, this one for HDR settings .....
    I had read an article some time ago that Sony TVs need to fully use HDR (it seems to me Dolby Vision), half processing is done by the TV, the other is by the source), this is to understand what you are saying. as for Dolby Vision in Low Latency.
    All this to start studying the performance of the machine, then at the limit, I will disturb you again.
    (I can't understand the differences of the Dolby VS10 Engine, the Low Latency one, etc.).

Please note that the TV (it's a 10 bit) accepts Normal HDR and Dolby Vision HDR but, not Dolby Vision +

Thanks in advance, Andrea.

18. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

If a Sony TV set to VS10 I would say then you will get Dolby processing and Low Latency Dolby Vision.

19. kenneth2281

kenneth2281 New Member

ZDMC has better trailer support than H.T 4.0 has. It downloads from youtube can that not be made in H.T 4.0 many off my movies says no trailer found