ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. hifi-guru

hifi-guru New Member

First of all a serious Problem:

The mandatory Attenuator(-10dB) of the LFE Channel in Multichannel (dts-HDMA) isn't working, or not programmed.
    That leads to it that the Subwoofer(s) playing at 10dB!!! too loud.
    Tested mit Calibrated Mic and Analyze Software playing Dolby and dts Testfiles for Setup.
    All Output Setting (HDMI) to RAW.

Second:
    3D-BDMenu with ISO isn't available in most Cases. "Movie Only" Playback is working more Times.
    Some Iso's play, some not, and some will show a short movie screen for a second, before trying to get to Disc menu.
    Then Screen will crash to Player Explorer Screen, while continuing playing Soundtrack.
    Tested with Samsung 3D-TV.
    If i have the time, i will test it also with 3D-FHD Beamer and 4K Beamer(3D Compatible).
    Some Test BD'S with Mulitrack Menu are also not showing BD-Menu Screen.

Third:
    Minor Bug is that the Music Player ist stuttering after FastForward Sliding at the Progress Bar.

I hope that this will be solvable.
    Thanks!

2. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

RAW is just sending the bitstream so it is up to the receiver to apply any attenuation - the Zidoo just passes the unaltered bitstream over HDMI.

3. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Have mine Z9X up and running.

There is a chapter bug at my side with BluRay remux in an ISO. Chapters won't change with all my ISO files. (In a MKV remux it's al fine here)
    I have the latest firmware 6.0.22_G

EDIT:
    The chapters in an ISO playing fine when I choose for play as BD (BD icon).
    When I choose to play the ISO files with the left play button, chapters won't work.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  4. hifi-guru

hifi-guru New Member

Yes. I'm sorry for being unexperienced in English.
    But the problem stays the same.
    Maybe the LFE Output is not correct coded, so that the AVR doesn't identify it right, or something that way. I'm not a Programmer, I'm a User.
    All my other Players doing very fine. Only the Zidoo plays the LFE Channel with +10dB. That's definitely a Software Problem.
    I'm totally surprised that nobody else recognized this. :confused:

5. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

@Ekul
    So far, no problems with internal srt subtitle and random letters.
    Also the download subtitle function works perfect now in the selected language.

6. piou44

piou44 New Member

it's an impossible problem, the zidoo does not send DB in raw (pass through), the signal is neutral and original, it's your AVR that works

7. hifi-guru

hifi-guru New Member

Another Problem:

Why does the HDMI-CEC not trigger Volume on AVR ?
    That's a big mess needed to use two Remotes.

8. hifi-guru

hifi-guru New Member

Ehh, don't understand what you are talking about.
    The AV is showing the correct codec with DTS-HDMA in the Display, and all Speaker Channels working as they should, except the LFE Volume.
    So it will detect the right output and the Signal can't be neutral.
    What is happening there ?

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I send RAW output to my AVR via HDMI and LFE works normally - the same as it did with the Z9S I had.

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As the other guys have tried to explain, if you set the Zidoo audio output to RAW, audio will simply pass through. There is no processing in the Zidoo.

If your levels are out, that's got nothing to do with the player.

11. kubikt

kubikt New Member

When displaying 4K jpeg (3840x2160 pixels) with internal picture Z9x viewer on 4K TV - the picture is internally downsized/downscaled (probably to FullHD) and then upsized/upscaled to 4K (with Z9x player or TV). I tried all resolutions modes in Z9x, some other settings also, but all same. Whatever i did try, I'm still getting downsized/upscaled picture with loss of quality. 4K video playback is OK. Any ideas?

12. Goodmorning everyone,

I apologize for the inconvenience but, you who are certainly more experienced than me (now I have the Z9s but, I come from an HTPC), I have a question for you, as long as it is not too soon (given the new machine it has practically come out very recently ):

It is a good thing to upgrade from Z9s to Z9x or, all in all, there is certainly an improvement but, it is not convenient ........

IMPORTANT:

I speak only and exclusively about the Audio Video quality, then comes the rest .....

Thank you so much in any case and sorry for the inconvenience, Andrea.

13. Markswift2003

Hi Andrea,

That's quite a difficult question to answer.

For audio quality, there is absolutely no difference if you use bitstream because audio simply passes through.

For video, there are now two options - firstly the standard Realtek engine is pretty much the same as the Z9S and the Dolby engine which has advantages depending on your setup.

If you have an SDR only display the Dolby VS10 engine will convert DV, HDR10 and HDR10+ to SDR very well - certainly better than the standard Realtek HDR to SDR option.

If you have an HDR display, you can also chose to use the Dolby engine to convert DV, HDR10, HDR10+ and SDR to HDR

If you have a DV display you can either convert all to DV or LLDV.

Or you can simply use <Auto> which uses the native format of the file.

You have to remember though that it is still early days, so although the majority of the big bugs have fixed, there are still a few to go, but the Zidoo techs are doing a great job of fixing these and we're well on the way to having a great player.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  14. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Mark, is the VS10 engine definitely converting HDR10+ and DV to HDR? Is it not just using the standard HDR base layer?

15. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Thanks for testing, the z9x will become a candidate for upgrading now.
    I will wait for 2 or so firmwares , so its more stable.

16. piou44

piou44 New Member

I just found a bug, the file indicated below crashes the zidoo player internally, after you will no longer be able to play a movie, the solution is to electrically cut the zidoo with the button, completely turn off the zidoo with the remote control will not work not, at the launch of the film the screen becomes gray for 15 sc, you have to go back

I did tests, the problem is the video format

source: bluray remux

(sorry for english)

Général
    Identifiant unique : 43103986669248406636169563774325724638 (0x206D869F14A26FA4B08B3DCC65A595DE)
    Nom complet : *.mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Version du format : Version 4
    Taille du fichier : 63,3 Gio
    Durée : 1 h 51 min
    Type de débit global : Variable
    Débit global moyen : 81,3 Mb/s
    Nom du film : *
    Date d'encodage : UTC 2020-08-08 00:29:11
    Application utilisée : mkvmerge v49.0.0 ('Sick Of Losing Soulmates') 64-bit
    Bibliothèque utilisée : libebml v1.4.0 + libmatroska v1.6.1

Vidéo
    ID : 1
    ID in the original source medium : 4113 (0x1011)
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Profil du format : Main 10@L5.1@High
    HDR format : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
    Identifiant du codec : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
    Débit : 79,8 Mb/s
    Largeur : 3 840 pixels
    Hauteur : 2 160 pixels
    Format à l'écran : 16/9
    Type d'images/s : Constant
    Images par seconde : 24,000 Im/s
    Espace de couleurs : YUV
    Sous-échantillonnage de la chrominance : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
    Profondeur des couleurs : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Image) : 0.401
    Taille du flux : 62,2 Gio (98%)
    Bibliothèque utilisée : x265 3.3+21-6bb2d88029c2:[Windows][GCC 6.3.0][64 bit] 10bit
    Paramètres d'encodage : cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=6 / numa-pools=16,16 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=3840x2160 / interlace=0 / total-frames=14843 / level-idc=51 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=1 / ref=5 / no-allow-non-conformance / repeat-headers / annexb / aud / hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / no-open-gop / min-keyint=1 / keyint=24 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=3 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=24 / lookahead-slices=0 / scenecut=40 / hist-scenecut=0 / radl=0 / no-splice / no-intra-refresh / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / rect / amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=3 / tu-intra-depth=3 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=2 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / constrained-intra / no-strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=5 / limit-refs=0 / no-limit-modes / me=3 / subme=4 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / no-frame-dup / no-hme / weightp / weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=-2:-2 / no-sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=6 / selective-sao=0 / no-early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / cu-lossless / b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=5.00 / psy-rdoq=50.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=cbr / bitrate=80000 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=1 / stats-read=0 / slow-firstpass / vbv-maxrate=80000 / vbv-bufsize=99000 / vbv-init=0.9 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=3 / aq-strength=1.00 / no-cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=1 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=9 / transfer=16 / colormatrix=9 / chromaloc=1 / chromaloc-top=2 / chromaloc-bottom=2 / display-window=0 / master-display=G(8500,39850)B(6550,2300)R(35400,14600)WP(15635,16450)L(10000000,1) / cll=0,0 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.05 / hist-threshold=0.01 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / hdr10 / hdr10-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=0 / analysis-save-reuse-level=0 / analysis-load-reuse-level=0 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=1 / refine-ctu-distortion=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-analysis-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine / no-single-sei / no-hevc-aq / no-svt / no-field / qp-adaptation-range=1.00 / no-scenecut-aware-qpconformance-window-offsets / right=0 / bottom=0 / decoder-max-rate=0
    Langue : Anglais
    Default : Non
    Forced : Non
    Gamme de couleurs : Limited
    Coordonnées de chromaticité : BT.2020
    Caractéristiques du transfert : PQ
    Coefficients de la matrice : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries : BT.2020
    Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
    Support d'origine : Blu-ray

Audio
    ID : 2
    ID in the original source medium : 4355 (0x1103)
    Format : DTS XLL
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Nom commercial : DTS-HD Master Audio
    Identifiant du codec : A_DTS
    Type de débit : Variable
    Débit : 1 473 kb/s
    Canaux : 2 canaux
    Channel layout : L R
    Echantillonnage : 48,0 kHz
    Images par seconde : 93,750 Im/s (512 SPF)
    Profondeur des couleurs : 24 bits
    Mode de compression : Sans perte
    Taille du flux : 1,15 Gio (2%)
    Titre : Stéréo
    Langue : Français
    Default : Oui

Texte
    ID : 3
    ID in the original source medium : 4772 (0x12A4)
    Format : PGS
    Type de muxing : zlib
    Identifiant du codec : S_HDMV/PGS
    Identifiant du codec/Info : Picture based subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs
    Durée : 1 h 46 min
    Débit : 133 b/s
    Count of elements : 22
    Taille du flux : 104 Kio (0%)
    Langue : Français
    Default : Oui

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  17. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Following up on Mark's earlier post regarding Z9X vs. Z9s video and audio quality:

Is there any reason to expect any improvement in video quality with Z9X vs. Z9s when using Lumagen Radiance Pro (with frame-by-frame tone mapping) and Sony 885ES projector not capable of Dolby Vision? (Haven’t done any evaluations of the Z9X at this point, awaiting further firmware updates.)

18. thank you so much,

For my infinite ignorance, I did not write in the previous question which devices I have, which is important.
    I have a 4K TV that can play Dolby Vision, or Dolby HDR 10 (Sony KD-65 XE9305), surely, if I make a switch, I will do it when all the major bugs are fixed.

Now knowing which TV I own (HDR10 and DV), your kind answers, are they different?
    Thank you so much for everything, Andrea.

19. Markswift2003

Sorry - I was simplifying a bit for the sake of clarity.

So, assuming an HDR10 EDID:

VS10 will display HDR10+ as is and just ignores the dynamic SEI messages - HDR10+ and HDR10 are the same thing except for metadata.

If the source is DV it depends on the profile - for dvhe.07, it plays the HDR10 base layer, for dvhe.05 it converts to HDR10 etc.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  20. Markswift2003

If you're not using the VS10 engine (which you wouldn't with an LRP) the Realtek engine seems to give the same results with test patterns with both boxes, which is to say, pretty good.

The exception to this is 4K23 12-bit 422 which displayed overt banding (ie easily seen in real world content, not just torture test patterns) on previous boxes and that seems to have disappeared in the Z9X.

cappy1 likes this.