Zidoo Z9X ZDMC buffers on the Crew/Fen Addon

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Shahid Bakhshalvi, Dec 20, 2022.

1. @Markswift2003
    i believe Z9X have gigabit Lan support. i have 512mb fiber line. but in ZDMC in addon of Crew or Fen , i try to watch any 4K movie which is more then 40gb or bitrate is more then 40mb Z9X will start buffering and say source readying is very slow??? and on the same internet if i use Shield pro Kodi, same addon 80gb movie file flawlessly .... i know Z9X is not a streamer but at least it should play apps which are for Z9X perfectly. does anyone else also have same issue or i have to change any settings ??

Note: same thing happens on Plex app too. any movie less then 30GB plays fine..

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No problems here with files up to 400Mbps (Jellyfish videos)

3. i think you are playing them via usb... i am talking about streaming apps and streaming torrent addons in Kodi

4. Markswift2003

LAN not USB - This player is optimised for local playback and certainly not using Kodi - if you want a streamer you need to look elsewhere I'm afraid.

5. jettthasan

jettthasan New Member

Thanks, this answer opened my mind. I bought zidoo z9x. For kodi-addons, torrent and android apk. i believe it is not good for non local anymore and i will sell z9x unopened

6. Thanks you so much for clearing things. But it is really SAD because it has Gigabit’s LAN port and it should handle Kodi Addons 60mbps torrent video much better then cheap Android boxes which are playing it nicely.. i hope in future any firmware update Zidoo Team will consider about this issue and fix it please

7. Markswift2003

As I said it simply wasn't designed for that - it is designed to be a superlative local player and it does that better than any other player on the market that I'm aware of.

I can't make a cup of tea in my toaster either and my kettle was a lot cheaper than my toaster ;)

Shahid Bakhshalvi likes this.
  8. Hahahaha. Sir totally wrong example. Cattle just boil water and toaster makes toast. But Android 7.1 boxes one cheap and one highend box are same kind of thing. And yes there is no doubt Zidoo is the best local media playing Android boxes. I m just crying because it is such nice box it should perform better in Kodi too at least. Because once you use too of such good quality u dont want to watch anything else on Shield pro . Hope u get my point.

9. Markswift2003

That's exactly my point.

But I do understand what you mean ;)

Shahid Bakhshalvi likes this.
  10. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Working fine for me. Fen + Real debrib. Try to install advancedsettings.xml using OpenWizard.