Zidoo z9x YouTube 4k60fps Hdr

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Sergei405, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Sergei405

Sergei405 New Member

Good afternoon. When will z9x play normally in YouTube 4k 60fps hdr?

2. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I use Google YT, SmartTube and Vanced, but the 4K 60Fps always, with all of them stutters. So, i think maybe never :(

3. Sergei405

Sergei405 New Member

I would like to hear an official answer. It seems like nobody uses YouTube.

4. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

5. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

SmartTube Next IS YouTube, just a more customizable one.

6. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

But SmartTube does not work properly at 4K60Fps when set to HDR! Of course only with the Z9X, because other players know this. For example my S905X3 box, which only costs $40. Moreover in 5.1. And I know the Z9X is not a streamer player, but it's nonetheless interesting nonetheless and strange.

7. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

Use zdmc 19. 1 install YouTube and enjoy good quality and Dolby digital. Regards. It works ok.

8. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Sure, I know that :) But ZDMC is just a Kodi, nothing more. I use CoreElec (code based), I know the YT add-on. But YT on Kodi is not very user friendly. And then I put it subtly.
    API key, hard to use, ugly :) If I wanted to use this, I wouldn't have bought Zidoo, I would still use CoreElec.

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

KODI works a lot better on Linux derivatives like CoreElec or OpenElec. For KODI enthusiasts Zidoo was never the optimal platform, there are far better platforms at bargain prices (obvious with no OS or Player licences and zero developments costs).

Have still an Xtreamer Wonder Pro player with dual boot Android and OpenElec sitting in a box and could compare in detail the same KODI versions running under each OS. This still applies.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  10. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Xtreamer Wonder Pro Sorry, i never heard before :) But my S905X3 is a dual OS : CE and android (Slimbox system). True, the 5.1 does not work, but the 4K HDR YT is perfect with Slimbox too.