Zidoo z9x problem Dolby Vision

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by alerod, Aug 6, 2022.

1. alerod

alerod New Member

Hello everyone, I have purchased Zidoo z9x. I have it connected to an Arcam AVR 10 receiver, and the receiver is connected to a Sony x95j TV. I have updated the Zidoo to the latest firmware. I turn on the Dune movie with Dolby Vision (MPEG-H HEVC Video / 59.8 Mbps / 3840x2160 / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / 4000nits / Dolby Vision MEL - HDR10 / BT.2020) and get purple colors. This is an incorrect image. I launched this movie using Vimu Media Player on the TV, everything is fine there with the color image. Dolby Vision is enabled everywhere. In the console settings, the color is set to YUV422 12BIT in all modes, the HDMI range is auto in the first case, advanced in the second, Deep Color is off, HDR is on auto (video starts as DV), DV - LLDV compatibility. I tried using different settings, the result is the same, what could be the problem? And in the color settings, it shows me that the current 3840x2160 @60Hz YUV422 12 BIT BT2020, if I change the color for all modes to YUV422 10BIT, the old value remains, is this normal?

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

3. alerod

alerod New Member

no. to connect, I have to remove the TV from the wall. I can't take a 75 inch one off the wall)

4. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Are there any settings in your AVR that you need to enable for DV?

5. alerod

alerod New Member

No, everything is included. When I run the player on the TV, it shows Dolby Vision perfectly. I managed to connect Zidoo to the TV and didn't use the receiver. Unfortunately I got the same bad result. A similar problem was with Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro. My TV Sony x95j

6. Sledgehamma

DV on the TV doesnt mean much as you eliminate the HDMI chain completely. Is there some HDMI setting on the Sony to enable DV?

7. alerod

alerod New Member

only DV light or DV dark. I always choose the light one. The HDMI port has advanced mode and Dolby Vision in the TV settings

8. Sledgehamma

When you see the purple image does the TV say its DV? Or it report something else?

9. alerod

alerod New Member

Zidoo says that Dolby Vision is working. I turn on the TV settings and also see the settings for DV. This means that the TV defines the signal as DV.

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

In my experience, a purple image is a symptom of one of two things with HDMI.

1. Either the HDMI signal is corrupt and/or all pins are not making contact - this is unlikely since it only happens with Dolby Vision.

2. Viewing TV Led Dolby Vision on a display that doesn't support it.

11. alerod

alerod New Member

I'm using a Little Lab Lake cable (2.1/8K/4320p/60p)
    I bought it specifically for the console and it's brand new and undamaged
    My TV definitely supports DV because I can watch it using the Vimu Media Player installed on t

12. Markswift2003

Can you send a copy of the TVs EDID?

Connect the Zidoo directly to the TV and:

To Download EDID
    ================
    Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID
    Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to post on forum

13. alerod

alerod New Member

Sorry I didn't answer for a long time. I had to go out of town to celebrate my birthday)
    I copied the EDID

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  14. Markswift2003

Nothing wrong with that EDID - the TV supports Player Led and TV Led Dolby Vision. Just tested it here and I had no issues with Dolby Vision.

Does it produce the purple picture if the Zidoo is connected directly to the TV? - Ah - just read that you already tried that.

Can you take a picture of what the image looks like?

15. alerod

alerod New Member

I'll try to take some photos for comparison and send them tomorrow

16. sid6581

sid6581 New Member

But did you try to switch to TV-Led from LLDV?

17. alerod

alerod New Member

Hello.
    I got a good DV image using a different input on the TV. I used HDMI 2.0
    I have two more questions:
    1. What color settings should I choose for my TV?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2. Do I need to turn on the 192kHz sound?
    [​IMG]

18. Markswift2003

So that port on the TV must not support Dolby Vision.

Use the settings in the recommended settings thread, but be aware that these settings don't apply to Dolby Vision - for that it will either use 8-bit RGB for TV Led or 12-bit 4:2:2 for Player Led.

19. alerod

alerod New Member

I used the third HDMI 2.1 port eARC. I connect my receiver to it. To check Zidoo, I disconnected the receiver and connected Zidoo to the same port. It supports DV, but I was getting a bad image. I do not know why this is happening.
    Then I decided to try another HDMI 2.0 port. I turned on the advanced format for it and got a good image. It seems to me that all TV ports support DV and only two of them support VRR for PS5.
    I have no idea why this didn't work on the HDMI 2.1 eARC port. All settings for DV on this port have been enabled.

20. Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen Member

Not sure if this is relavant to this I recently bought Q990B and Zidoo>SoundBar> TV. Zidoo picks up the EDID of my TV, which does 422 12bit for 4k@60. When I set it to this, the soundbar was the factor as it wasn't actually able to pass or did not support 422 12bit, so even my GUI display 3840 x 2160 @ 60fps doing 422 12bit showed black screen. Switching it back to 422 10 fixed it and I also use TV LED for DV.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022