Zidoo Z9X + Pioneer VSX-LX-503 + Samsung QN87A - doesn't play Dolby Atmos

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Smile.69, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Smile.69

Smile.69 New Member

Greetings friends!
    I am a happy owner of a bunch of Zidoo Z9X + Pioneer VSX-LX-503 + Samsung QN87A.
    Zidoo Z9X purchased recently to play video content in particular for Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. And if I figured out DV playback, then I have a problem with Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos from test clips is output as DDP+ 5.1 or DTHD 7.1. The Zidoo Z9X has RAW audio output everywhere.
    When playing the same videos using the built-in player in the TV, Dolby Atmos is output without problems through the receiver.
    Connection:
    Zidoo Z9X - Pioneer VSX-LX-503 -(e-arc)- Samsung QN87A
    Can you advise what to do in this case?
    There are 2 EDID files in the application for different connections.
    I also tried your Full + BT2020NEW 1000nit LLDV +HDR10+, nothing has changed with the sound.

Attached Files:

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Both of those EDIDs support Atmos (there's no need for a custom EDID) so the only reason I can think of that the receiver wouldn't output Atmos is if it wasn't configured for Atmos speakers.

3. Smile.69

Smile.69 New Member

I would agree with your statement, but:
    1. When I start a test video from my native TV player, the receiver shows Dolby Atmos.
    2. When I connect ugos am6, the receiver also shows Dolby atmos.
    but when I run the same video with Zidoo, the receiver displays DD + 5.1 or DD TRUE HD 7.1, information about video and sound also shows DD + 5.1 or DD TRUE HD 7.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If you're getting E-AC3 and TrueHD from Atmos files that means that the Z9X is bitstreaming the audio (Atmos is part of the bitstream) so I think there there must be some configuration in the amp somewhere you're missing.

5. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Is the receiver in Pure or Direct mode?