Zidoo Z9X...my opinion

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member Beta test group

Hello,

A new thread to give my opinion on the new Zidoo Z9X, it will certainly be one of the best-selling models and we can already say that Zidoo keeps its lead and provides an excellent base and that it is going to be improve overtime.

This thread is also for those who do not know Zidoo devices and want to know more, I try to gather as much information as possible on these multimedia boxes which is becoming a must-have in the world of media players since a few years now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------------

[​IMG]

A reminder to potential Zidoo device buyers and avoid a disappointment.

Zidoo devices are designed for local content and not online streaming and they do not have agreements in place with streaming providers.

If you want to stream from sources like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+ etc..., an Android TV devices or native TV applications will be a better choice.

So i repeat, don't buy a Zidoo device hoping to use it with streaming video services applications.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a media player with great value for money to enjoy your movie collection using your NAS or external hard drives, you can't really go wrong by choosing a Zidoo device.

I've had several brands of multimedia box for the last few years and it's Zidoo that I chose.

-------------

[​IMG]

Settings FW 6.1.05

-------------

My opinion on the Zidoo Z9X (updated on February 26, 2021)

The quality of the Zidoo devices is no longer to be demonstrated, and the Z9X is no exception.

It retains all qualities of its predecessors and adds support for Dolby Vision (requires certain requirements) and additionally offers the VS10 engine witch is a Dolby SDK (software development kit) that converts between SDR, HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision depending what the display will accept, the concept being that it will take any input and convert it to the best format that a display will accept.

I use my Zidoo with 2 NAS and ISO / MKV remux in FullHD / UHD and as far as I am concerned and in my daily use the Zidoo devices give me full satisfaction.

But as I have already said several times, it will depend on your needs/expectations with your next multimedia box, but honestly, if you would like to enjoy your movie collection on your local video playback, Zidoo devices are a very good choice.

One more thing, their devices are as good or better with a lower retail price compared to the competition.

You can't go wrong by purchasing a Zidoo devices, this my humble opinion.

[​IMG]

-----------------

[​IMG]

Here's what I'd like to see resolved by Zidoo, it's just my opinion related to my daily use and there's nothing major but it's just annoying for me.

No support of some ISO movie with multi-cut version BD's or with Multi-Episode/Multi-Movie BD's ( you need the menu for select the desired playlist/track and it doesn't work).

-------------

Dolby Vision Compatibility

Profile 4 MEL & FEL MKV (STDL), MP4 (STDL)

Profile 5 MKV (STDL), MP4 (STDL)

Profile 7 MEL & FEL BDMV, ISO, MKV (STDL), MP4 (STDL)

Profile 8 MKV (STSL), MP4 (STSL)

STSL = Single Track, Single Layer
    STDL = Single Track, Dual Layer

-------------

Dolby Vision profiles supported by the VS10 engine.

Dolby Vision dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU MKV DV/LLDV

Dolby Vision dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU MKV DV/LLDV

Dolby Vision dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU MKV DV/LLDV

Dolby Vision dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU MEL MKV DV/LLDV

Dolby Vision dvhe 07.06 BL+EL +RPU FEL MKV DV/LLDV

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU MKV DV/LLDV

Source: Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD1619 Players

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...f-for-rtd1619-players-includes-unbrick.82695/

-------------

[​IMG]

The MP4 DV movies work properly with Profile 4 and 5

-------------

[​IMG]

My Sony does not support HDR10 +, but I seem to have seen on the forums that HDR10 + is working fine

there seems to be a problem with the HDR10+ and some users who have Samsung TVs and this has always been the case, according to feedback from users who have this brand of TV.

-------------

[​IMG]

IMAX Enhanced video files are supported
    My Pioneer SC-LX704 switches to IMAX DTS X and my TV to HDR.

-------------

[​IMG]

Zidoo Z9X supports DTS audio (DTS, DTS-HD, DTS:X)

[​IMG]

Zidoo Z9X supports Dolby audio (DD, DD+, Atmos)

-------------

[​IMG]

Zidoo Official Store :
    https://shop.zidoo.tv/

Zidoo German Store :
    https://www.zidoo.de/

Zidoo Aliexpress Store :
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wh ... 1234gUyM3i

-------------

See you soon

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021 at 12:35 PM
  2. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

zidoo offers support for BD menu with BDMV/ISO and their devices.

Note : this feature does not work 100% and some movies are not compatible.

Click HERE

---------

[​IMG]

HT4.0 used the nfo generated by ZDMC / Kodi to display my movie collection.

Click HERE

---------

[​IMG]

HT4.0 has a feature that allows you to edit movie collections as needed, you can add, delete and create.

Click HERE

---------

[​IMG]

In addition to the Grid mode, HT4.0 offers 2 more view modes
    It is a vertical mode and Horizontal mode.

Click HERE

---------

[​IMG]

Scrapping of your collection is finished and some of your movies are not available

Click HERE

---------

[​IMG]

For those who wish to access the hard drive connected to their Z9X from their PC and that your Win10 network settings are properly configured.

Click HERE

---------

[​IMG]

For new owners of a Zidoo and who need to update their device, here is a brief guide that should do the trick.

Click HERE

---------

[​IMG]

Zidoo Control Center
    (Web Browser)

Zidoo offers a feature that we do not often talk about, this is the control center which allows you to manage your movies more pleasantly than with the Android keyboard on your tv and it is also a remote control if you use it with your Ipad or iphon.

Click HERE

---------

[​IMG]

For new users, you must know that Zidoo offers a choice between 2 media centers to use on their devices...HT4 or ZDMC 18.9 which is a fork of Kodi 18.9

Click HERE

---------

[​IMG]

Here is the procedure to make a flashing of your Zidoo Z9X, it is easy and fast.
    useful if you need to go back to a previous FW

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  3. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Member

What about a similar thread for the Z10 Pro? ;)

4. xtoyou

xtoyou New Member

5. OlivierQC

Hello Miguel,

I don't have the Z10 pro and Zidoo Team is not interested in talking about it.

I will see if I can add it in this thread by adding download links for the FW for example, etc ...

See you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  6. OlivierQC

7. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Member

Thank s lot for your answer. Honestly I wasn't aware that Zidoo team is not interested in this model (!?). Is there a specific reason why?

8. OlivierQC

Hello Miguel,

Because the X / Z9 and X / Z10 are almost identical, when we talk about the Z / X9 it also concerns the X / Z10.

I added download links for Z10 PRO owners in my presentation.

see you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  9. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Member

Thanks! It makes a total sense I now I gotta what you meant. :)

I'm very happy with my new Z10 Pro. Still a few bugs to solve in ten HT 4.0 but the Box is great in video and sound quality!

10. OlivierQC

Hello Miguel,

I'm glad to hear it, the new generation has a great base and will improve over time.

Since 2016 I have been satisfied with Zidoo devices and I know that the Zidoo team will improve their software in the coming months for this generation.

See you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  11. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Member

It's my 3rd one! I had the X10 and now Z10 and Z10 Pro. All them are great, but the Pro has improved a lot the video quality. With the last firmware upgrade I was able to get in my projector a 12 bits 4.4.4 images with full color spectrum BT2020.

Despite the small bugs that are normal in a new product which surely will be addressed in the future, these new Android media players offer the best price benefits in the market.

I'll be waiting for the next improvements, but meanwhile have a lot a fun with my Zidoo!

OlivierQC likes this.
  12. OlivierQC

Hello Miguel,

thank you for your first impression :)

See you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  13. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

Does hdmi in support 4k passthrough ?

14. OlivierQC

Hello Burick

I saw your message on facebook.

Does hdmi in support 4k passthrough or limited to 1080p ?

HDMI 2.0 supports 4k 60Hz point-to-point output,HDR(HDR10/HLG/HDR10+/Dolby Vision), 12Bit, BT2020 wide color range, YCbCr 4:4:4 color space. Supporting audio passthrough.

Also how much faster is it to the previous version ?

[​IMG]

See you

15. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

And this in hdmi in. Right? Not hdmi out to tv.

16. McBluna

McBluna Active Member

From the specs:
    HDMI Input: HDMI 2.0, support 4K@60p, 48khz PCM audio

17. OlivierQC

I just received the Z9X, those who have an X9S will not be disoriented, there is a good finish, and I really like the packaging which is more classy than the previous generation, and a nice little detail the Z9X logo reflects the light and gives a metallic aspect to the logo, zidoo has taken care of the small details, good point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reza-D and McBluna like this.
  18. OlivierQC

Hello,

[​IMG]

I watched 2 movies in MP4 Dolby Vision without any problems.
    My Sony A9G switches to Dolby Vision when the movie starts.

I enjoyed the show and I also tried the Dolby Vision option available on my Sony TV

See you​

Reza-D likes this.
  19. They really need to fix this lg TV dolby vision issues, right now also mp4 dolby vision files, that work on my ugoos am6 plus with triggered dolby vision, don't work on the zidoo :(

20. OlivierQC

I did not know that the zidoo has a problem with LG TVs for playing dolby vision mp4 files