My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

having used kodi for the bedroom tv mediaplayer and now z9s z9x and the smb sharing over the network or usb
    Zidoo winds hands down with a simple to use mediaplayer that plays almost everything right away without side loading more and more 3rd party apps

Koid is terrible for adding in files....way tooo complicated/plus its whole set up isnt very user friendly either

Smb pretty much just works ... cept when MS does a bigger update and screws sharing for security reasons ,but simple to fix
    Plus im not in to all that gloss of loading up hundreds and thousands of tv /movie info and worrying that every file name is correct for it to work

I play what im wanting to play at the time ,and want it in a handy location with out all the bs :p

2. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

HDR10+ disables in any other output than 50HZ or 60HZ, you cannot use the change framerate/resolution feature. I'll look for your reply maybe in the HDR10+ thread instead ....

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just replied over there...

4. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Thank you, I am aware of this setting. I have been using this as a workaround. The side effect is the flashes (frame rate resync) in-between media clips.

True. However, QC can be better. Structured QA testing would have help bring up the quality levels. I suppose we are the beta testers.

I bought this Z9X to replace a RPi/Kodi setup, I like the Z9X hardware engine, pretty solid; but the software leaves a lot to be desired...

If HT4 scraping can be improved, and if HT4 allows easy fixing of wrongly scraped shows, I would be very happy to abandon Kodi for HT4. Unfortunately, HT4 content management ranks below Kodi at this time.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@OlivierQC - I had virtually the same with Godzilla: King of the Monsters 2019 last night. It played first frame, froze and went back to Media Centre film title - not sure if issues are related, although I didn't have to reboot. I put it down to rip.

6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello rozel,

I had the same problem as you with Black Panther

And I have MKV DV remux like Star Wars the last jedi, Aquaman, etc... they work fine.

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Translation: - "Remux it by removing the pgs or try setting your Zidoo so that it does not read the subtitles before launching the movie"

I'll try tomorrow

8. OlivierQC

hi,

it works, thank you very much Ghostshadow, i'm going to watch peter's movies in dovi on the z9x...Until this problem is resolved by zidoo.

See you

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

ive got the Fellowship (LOTR 1) dv mkv remux and mine is playing fine
    WITH the usual caveat DV and 5.1 works perfect for the 30 mins i let it play while gaming on
    DV with atmos fine for couple mins then usual ZIDOO issue of stutter and audio lags

10. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm new here but are we allowed to talk about illegal content here? Won't we or worse Zidoo get into trouble?

I thought everyone rips their own discs.

11. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, I have 2 Asus drives that I have had for about 2 years, I ‘try’ not to use them unless I have to, I will definitely be ripping LOTR and Hobbit myself though when they arrive.
    Until Zidoo / Nvidia get their bugs sorted I will just rip them to full BDMV and watch on the M9072.
    I feel like watching some movies instead of f**cking about with some movies.

12. Sorry for the huge OT. Hi, I'm sorry for the big inconvenience ... I have a question for you: since you have created some things with photoshop, is it possible to have your same images on my Z9x? ......... I know I ask you a lot, maybe you spent hours to create what you have but, I did a little "cheeky" and I asked the same if you could send me everything and also the instructions on how to do it ....... .. In my small defense, I am 53 years old and since I was 14, I have been passionate about Audio / video /, unfortunately the stroke that took me about 10 years ago, no longer allows me to do things that I used to do normally, even reading all your discussion, after 4/5 posts, I don't know what I read before. Sorry again for the inconvenience and clearly don't be obliged to ... Have a good day, Andrea.

13. OlivierQC

Hello,

I am 52 years old and I had a heart attack last summer, I am currently recovering.

About the pictures i didn't do anything special with photoshop.

if you're talking about modifying images with photoshop, i learned with designer from mpdb.tv website, i did discart, logo, etc ... for xbmc / kodi few years ago.

I am not a good teacher and I continue to learn things by going on youtube, so my advice would be that you go see the hundreds of videos on youtube and that explain the use of each tool depending on what you want to do on an picture.

See you

14. Thanks Infinite !!!!!!!!!!!

15. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I just discovered that the z9x in current beta 6.0.66 has problems with display of .sub file. Not all showing only around 70% even in VCL all ist ok, also delays with srt files. BAD

16. Markswift2003

You can't set 4K50~60Hz at 444 10-bit - that's not a legal HDMI mode. The only legal mode at 4K50~60 444 is 8-bit and you don't want to do that for obvious reasons!

You should set it to 420 10-bit to match the content, however Dolby Vision playback will not honour this setting and will always present in 422 12-bits by design.

17. Markswift2003

Sorry - let me qualify what I said...

Dolby Vision playback will not honour this setting and will always present LLDV in 422 12-bits by design.

For standard DV playback (not LLDV) it uses HDMI tunnelling, so that's RGB 8-bit, but again it obviously can't follow the standard colour settings.

xskip likes this.
  18. OlivierQC

Hello,

These questions comes up regularly on forums for several years, would it be a good idea to create an information thread on the hdmi 2.0 standard or add it to your recommended settings thread ?

see you

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

Good idea - I'll have a look at that tomorrow...

20. OlivierQC

Thanks Markswift2003