Zidoo Z9X...my opinion / Mon avis sur le Zidoo Z9X / 我对Zidoo Z9X的意见

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Active Member Beta test group

Test Files MKV DV Profil 8

[​IMG]
    --------------

Many thanks to the French Team for this donation

--------------

Each video file is 18 minutes long
    --------------

As you know there is a problem with Zidoo devices and the MKV DV-Dolby Atmos, this file is here to show the problem so don't be surprised, you can enjoy it by choosing DTS soundtrack.

This is the European version in DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1
    --------------

See you

Dan and Choubs like this.
  2. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I installed last firmware and home theatre doesnt work properly. I reboot device and it works sometimes so I begin to watch a film. When I exit, it doesnt work again. I just see a blank screen and zidoo not responding.
    anyone have like this problem?

3. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I dont have any problem when I open a film on media center.

4. OlivierQC

Hello moal,

Great job, we are lucky that you come to the zidoo forum and that you share information about your work with us.

Have a nice day

5. LifaleX

LifaleX New Member

Good afternoon. I ran into an unexpected situation. After watching the movie, I turned off the Zidoo via CEC. The next day, when turning on the TV, the smart box could not boot. It received a command from the TV, it was evident by the noise of the fan for 2-3 seconds, and then ... nothing. The problem was solved by restoring the system with a recovery image. After that, I installed the latest firmware and re-configured the system. Has anyone come across a similar one? What could be causing the problem?

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

???

EVERY makemkv attempt works fine ONLY if you choose no atmos track

as soon as its dolby vision and dolby atmos you get stuttering and audio lags after 3 -5 mins play
    switch audio back to 5.1 track and zero stutter or lag

7. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I upload a video. (24sec)
    Profile 7 mel file.
    I think shutter is like this.

Robin.Hood.2018.UHD.BluRay.2160p.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1.DV.HEVC.REMUX-.mkv

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

thats pretty bad stutter all right
    bigger pain is the audio for atmos usually goes out lagging by 2 3 seconds on top of the stutter

9. Cezary

Cezary Member

Hi, is there any way to avoid TV flickering during auto refresh and auto resolution setting process at the beginning of the movie playing?
    How exactly does the Frame rate pause option work? Is it possible to set the video starts to play after frame rate and resolution will be successfully set?

10. OlivierQC

Hello moal,

How are you ?

So what's new?

I can't wait to try your new file and thank you for your work for the Zidoo community :)

See you

11. OlivierQC

Great,

I have answered you

12. Eleonor

Eleonor Member

Hi - I've been here recently, I'd like to say hi :)

sorry for my English

I have a Z9X and I have a question:
    There are several Dolby Vision profiles - what profile is the best to make MKV movies so that the Z9X opens it without a problem because so far it looks poor

As of today, I am successful in making mkv with profiles:

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10

How to make MKV? Which profile to choose dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU or dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU ?

regards

13. Eleonor

Eleonor Member

Will the Z9X never open the dvhe.07.06, BL + EL + RPU profile ?

So if I do remux to MKV and I want Dolby Vision, I have to do it to the profile dvhe.08.06, BL + RPU ?

14. afss

afss Member

I have a similar question - I believe Zidoo will eventually fix MEL MKV DV file playback (the current pending issue is with DV and Atmos stuttering). I am not sure Zidoo will ever make FEL MKV DV file playback work (if somebody knows it, please chime in), which would imply we would need to convert those file types to profile 8 (with a certain DV quality loss, I understand).

15. Eleonor

Eleonor Member

I confirm that after removing the subtitles in MakeMKV, the movie with the 08.06 profile and TrueHD Atmos sound plays, but after a few minutes I stutter.
    The subtitled movie did not open at all. The Z9X was crashing like ...

16. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Is zidoo team working for solve shuttering problem?

17. sojer2005

sojer2005 New Member

Hi, I have LG OLED CX 65 and Marantz AVR. Is it safe to buy Zidoo Z9X now, given the firmware, are the major bugs fixed?

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

it still plays almost all things very well...image seems improved over the older Z9S model say
    just some early release issues still mostly with dolby vision colouring and MKVs with DV and DA....with Dv and say 5.1 almost zero issues at all it seems
    has no issues with HLG and HDR 10+

19. OlivierQC

20. boxerfan

boxerfan Member

Hi all,

From the Z9X media/file explorer, is there a way to execute “Play From Here” (meaning play the currently selected file, and continue playing subsequent files until the video player reaches the end of the directory)?

Alternatively, is it possible to put together a video playlist?