My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

Dune HD also has its problems that Zidoo doesn't have.

I consider myself lucky with my Z9X when I see the number of threads on the forum about problems.

It's silly but as we've been saying for a few years, we're almost obliged to buy 2 or more multimedia boxes to have a chance to find one that will work pretty well in our everyday use and today a multimedia box like the zidoo or others are expensive.... it's over the X9S era which was sold around 100 euros on amazon 4 years ago, today it's 280 euros and more.

About your problem I guess you've been talking about it on the Z9X thread.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-z9x.80006/

See you

2. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

every android box has its problems, I recently fought at a friend's android ferguson ariva atv combo box and there was no way to run dolby truedh and dts-hd. then I started looking for a solution to this problem and it was probably licensing problems again, same as in xiaomi mi box s smart tv, which does not support dolby truehd and dts-hd sound, despite the fact that older versions of their boxes supported these sounds

3. OlivierQC

yes that's what I say in my message, and I give the example of Zidoo (we're on their forum) and Dune HD (Eleonor talks about it), but it's valid for all Android OS/TV boxes.

4. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

in the world of android boxes too many licensing and legal problems, it destroys their peaceful use :(

5. OlivierQC

yes absolutely, and the majority of the purchasers know it, and one generally buys with full knowledge of the facts.

6. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I will not agree with this, that when reading android box ads everything looks beautiful and then the gray reality comes out and it turns out that netfilx did not work, and that it does not support dolby truehd and dts-hd etc ...

7. OlivierQC

It's true that there's a lot of promise when you look at certain ads, and that deceives a lot of buyers.

8. OlivierQC

9. Avgustin

Avgustin New Member

Hello! I am writing with auto-translation. On my Z9X, when updating the firmware to 6.0.90, there was a very serious problem with displaying 576p, 480p, PAL, NTSC images. To make the picture fit the screen in height, you need to apply 95% scaling, but with version 6.1.03 it got worse, the picture fits in height by 94%, but wide stripes remain horizontally, SD video is displayed disproportionately by 6%. This is not corrected by any adjustments. 576p, 480p, PAL, NTSC are not available for output. Sony TV 49fx9005

Attached Files:

10. OlivierQC

Hello Avgustin,

I haven't used these resolutions for a long time.

Hope that Mirror reads this message and can solve this problem if possible, otherwise you can explain your problem on the thread of the last FW.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/beta-version-v6-1-03-for-z9x.85777/page-4#post-144790

See you

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Recently having watched two parts of the Hobbit trilogy, I wonder if the playtime of the extended edition is stated correctly in your HT window?

12. OlivierQC

Hello Whitfield,

And also for those who don't know much about HT4.0 and the Zidoo control

If I understand correctly you're talking about the information page of the film?

I have an ISO version of the movie and also an MKV DV (extended version) and both show 165 minutes.

HT 4.0 displays the TMDB information which indicates the duration of the theatrical version.

It doesn't correspond to the duration of the Extended version, which doesn't seem to be available on TMDB or IMDB, only the theatrical version.

As you probably know we can change the duration of the movies as for the Extended version for example with the Zidoo Control even if it doesn't seem to work as well as before.

An example, I modified the duration of this movie which is 263 minutes in Extended version :

[​IMG]

A bientot

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  13. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

I have a file in Bluray (BDMV) and when i press in the logo BD in movie theather 4.0 i got a black screen.
    Cannot see the menus of the movie and the counter of the player is allways 00.00.00.
    With mkv i have no problems.
    Of course mkv have no menus.

14. OlivierQC

Hello Joao,

Loading times, etc... can be a bit long.

I've fast-forwarded to several places in my video because sometimes it's long and it looks like it doesn't work...but it does work in the end.

I have a BDMV for tests and it works on my box.

Caution, BDmenu support is not supported 100%, BDmenu of some movies does not work.

I got Zidoo just before their vacation and they told me that they will continue to improve the support...We will have to wait and see.

See you

15. georges

georges New Member

Bonsoir,
    J'ai sur tes conseilles OlivierQC pris les hobbits en REMUX 4K et ça passe bien en dolby vision merci .
    J'ai également renommé les fichiers film comme tu l'as suggéré et j'ai belle et bien indiquer sur la fiche du film les Labels dont Dolby Vision .
    Par contre quand je veux regarder le film il s'arrête au bout de 5 minutes et obliger de relancer le film et pareil il le refait.
    Idem sur les films des seigneurs des anneaux .les films sont en 4k est dolby vision ou ISO .
    sur les films bluray pareil !!
    Je suis avec le Fw6.1.05. Je n'ai pas de souci avec des films HDR simples.
    vous avez une idée ???

16. OlivierQC

Salut George,

il faudrait que tu fasse le message en anglais aussi

if you can write the message in English please

---------

si je comprend bien, ce sont les films en DV qui s'arretent au bout de quelques minutes, et meme si tu le relance il s'arrete de nouveau, est c e qu'il s'arrete toujours au meme endroit ?

if I understand well, DV movies stop after a few minutes and even if you restart the movie, it stops again after a few minutes...is it at the same place ?

j'ai le seigneur des anneaux en ISO (il passe en HDR et c'est normal) et je n'ai pas eu de probleme.
    pour les MKV DV ( The hobbit), je n'ai pas de probleme non plus pour le moment.

With the Lord of the Rings in ISO (it switches to HDR and that's normal) I don't have any problem.
    Same thing for MKV DV, I have no problem for the moment.

Tu a regarde ma video pour les paramettres ?

did you watch my video for settings ?

A bientot

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  17. DAVEYBROTHERS

DAVEYBROTHERS New Member

Hello Olivier, the sound problem mentioned here

Second issue (it's random), the movie starts but there is no sound even after a while, but changing the audio language during playback (from English to French for example) the sound appears (see my video)

I have this problem on version 6.0.90. Z9x hdmi to avr.

18. georges

georges New Member

Good evening,
    I redid the parameters as on the video it does not change anything there is a freeze frame and the sound is completely shifted,
    I defragmented the hard drive in question and reloaded the films in dolby vision REMUX and some ISO films but just one or two since it's just the films that are the problem.
    I have watched other HRD films, no problem to report.
    It's like even weird I looked at the hobbit several times before the last update and no worries ???
    I apologize for my english

19. OlivierQC

Hello George,

I am in 0.90 since 2 days, concerning your problem, i don't seem to have seen on the forum a problem similar to yours these last few days, it would be preferable to transfer it on the thread of fw 6.1.05, more people will see it and will be able to help you.

20. OlivierQC

Hello Daveybrothers,

As far as I am concerned and for the moment, no problem of this kind and with the fw 6.1.05 these problems occurred very frequently.

The difference is flagrant concerning these 2 problems between fw0.90 and fw1.05.

I am using the eARC, I will reconnect the zidoo to the receiver and use it like that for a few days and see if I have the same problem as you with FW 0.90.

I don't think this is a major problem and Zidoo will certainly fix it very quickly when they are back at work.

Soon I will pass surely to the 1.03, I did not even use it 24h.