My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. LifaleX

LifaleX New Member

Yes, sure I did.

2. LifaleX

LifaleX New Member

Thank you. It worked at last.

3. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

Zidoo has to be turned on AND you have to start home theater app on Zidoo. At least for me http-connection does not work if app is not started.

Other questions regarding http connection via PC:
    - Adobe Flash has to be installed on the PC - Flash will not be supported anymore next year, any plans to switch to another standard?
    - Uploading own posters/ backdrops does not work with the latest firmware. By pressing "Upload Picture" I can select a picture, but it is not saved in home theater
    - How can I unlock all movies at once? About 30% of my movies are (randomly?) locked in home theater - do I have to unlock them all manually one by one?

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I do not need to open the HT app to be able to use the zidoo control on my PC, I am on the home page when I use it....but I will add your remark in my message

About Flash, good question, let's ask Zidoo

yes and with the previous FW also, I speak about it 1 or 2 page before and I sent a message to zidoo, we would see if they can solve the problem.

do I have to unlock them all manually one by one? I don't know, if anyone has the answer thank you in advance

See you

fsim2000 likes this.
  5. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

6. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

7. UncleComfort

UncleComfort New Member

Hi Olivier, thanks for sharing your settings for the z9x. I used them with great results. May I know if you would change anything for a OLED tv in particular the LG CX? Thanks in advance for your response.

8. OlivierQC

Hello,

I use these settings with my Sony 77A9G OLED, in my opinion there is nothing to change :)

See you

9. UncleComfort

UncleComfort New Member

Great Thanks.

By the way, just to confirm the following setting.

Under Playback ---> Frame Rate Switch ----> Frame Rate mode ---> Your setting is Only Frame Rate and Frame Rate pause is 3s?

10. OlivierQC

Hi,

Sorry I made a mistake ( i modified the video)

I use Frame-Rate and resolution and i set 3 secondes of delay (pause) to allow for my TV / receiver to change refresh rate but depending on your equipments you can also choose an another delay, do some tests.

See you

11. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

That sounds very good. But the color banding will still be there, right? I have a Fire TV Cube here, which reproduces DV with BT.709. The problem with color banding does not exist here. I assume that BT.2020 will trigger this.

12. Choubs

Choubs New Member

Hi,

@OlivierQC What problem do you have with .mkv Dolby Vision and ATMOS soundtrack ? At home it works on a Sony KD-65AF8 TV and Zidoo Z1000 Pro (v6.0.66_G).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  13. OlivierQC

Hi,

Zidoo Z9X does a good job, I don't notice any banding under normal conditions of use with my movie collection (1080p remux/iso and UHD remux/iso) and i don't use the Smooth Gradation option on my Sony TV.

14. OlivierQC

Hello Choubs,

How are you ?

I'll talk about Ghostshadow's Justice League, it's the only one I have even if I can have other MKV DV profil8 movies with atmos soundtrack from him.

Sony 77A9G
    Pioneer SC-LX704
    Zidoo Z9X FW 0.66
    Realtek developper (Playback Performance mode (experimental) Activate and Deactivated ''switched reserve less buffer space'' (thanks to DaMacFunkin)

-----------

In the first minutes of the movie, there is stuttering or/and Image freeze for a few seconds and the sound continue to works and it's random.

I wrote this morning to Zidoo (Mirror and another person) to ask them if they are interested in having a sample for testing, I know that other people have already sent some but i think it would be good for Zidoo that they receive test files from different encoders.

EDIT: Choubs has a Z1000PRO, is there something different in the video processing compared to the Z9X?

See you

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  15. Chiedo scusa ma, dove trovo le icone così come le tue? Sono fantastiche....Scusate OT

16. OlivierQC

@cappy1, if you read this message

17. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Just downloaded from web, some were edited in Photoshop. see attached.

Attached Files:

andreamusso.am likes this.
  18. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

I mean the color banding with Dolby Vision.

19. OlivierQC

Hello,

I have several MKV DV and MP4 DV and I have no banding :)

See you

20. Darren Shackleton

Darren Shackleton New Member

Would you say the zidoo is better than the dune