My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Hanto

Hanto New Member

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hello Zidoo Team,

if you read this message

----------------

Here is some problems with BDmenu support.

Nice Monkey can correct me if needed.

----------------

Recently i rip my Avatar Bluray and I use the ISO on my Zidoo, when i select ''PLAY'' I have the choice to select 3 version of the movie

I select one but the movie does not start.

[​IMG]

instead the menu disappears and the background video repeats indefinitely, I have to use the stop button...

[​IMG]

And select the PLAY icon without knowing which version will be playing...

[​IMG]

-------------

With some movies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the loading icon of the BD menu appears and everything seems to work.

[​IMG]

But instead of seeing the BD menu appear, we have a blackscreen and the VFD gets stuck, we have to go back to the main page by pressing ''stop'' button

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------------

With other movies a black screen appears just after the zidoo player loading icon and the VFD gets stuck and we have to go back to the main page by pressing ''stop'' button

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know if it is possible for the Zidoo team to solve them because these issues have been around since the implementation of this feature on Zidoo devices.

This message is to inform potential buyers and avoid disappointment

This message will be updated as needed

See you

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  3. furqansaeed18

furqansaeed18 New Member

hi, olivier qc
    please also mention link where can i download mentioned below formats movie and test quality
    Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL + EL + RPU
    Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible works fine
    (i have an aquaman TS file in that ... tested OK)

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL + RPU
    is the streamed tv type show ie Tv epis of The Mandalorean tested OK

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL + EL + RPU
    Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible ie from Gamma muxed FEL dvhe 07.06 BL + EL + RPU FEL for Justice league tested OK

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL + EL + RPU
    Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10 + Profile A compatible from makemkv of MEL movie Alita ... DV and HDR10 + working fine

Dolby Vision dvhe 07.06 BL + EL + RPU FEL
    wont work as these require 2 seperate "video engines" to read
    both layers of the DV info, which is why we "mux" them to single layer

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL + RPU
    Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible from DV Game of thrones uhd rip, tested working fine

4. OlivierQC

Hello,

Sorry, there is no download link, the list is kindly provided by cuncz which has done tests and i trust him.

The best way would be for you to rip your bluray disks as cuncz... or if cuncz has samples to share i will add the links in my message with pleasure.

See you

5. OlivierQC

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  6. Claude-rc

Claude-rc New Member

Salut, je suis nouveau sur le forum.
    Je viens d'acheter le z9x installé sur la télé lg oled avec dolby vision.
    J'ai mis à jour le firmwire à la version 6.0.90 pour pouvoir lire des vidéos MKV de couche simple dolby vision et je dois dire que cela fonctionne bien.
    Mais, malheureusement, les fichiers ISO dans Dolby Vision semblent être en hdr (image sombre et manque de luminosité et pas de logo '' DOLBY VISION '' sur mon écran de télévision).
    J'ai suivi les recommandations d'olivierqc (je le remercie d'ailleurs. Cela m'a beaucoup aidé) pour démarrer le lecteur multimédia mais rien n'aide l'image est sombre sur iso dolby vision.
    Conseils s'il vous plaît
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I'm new to the forum.
    I just bought the z9x installed on tv lg oled with dolby vision.
    I have updated the firmwire to version 6.0.90 to be able to play dolby vision simple layer MKV videos and I have to say it works fine.
    But, unfortunately the ISO files in dolby vision seem to go to hdr (dark image and lack of brightness and no '' DOLBY VISION '' logo on my tv screen).
    I followed the recommendations of olivierqc (I thank him by the way. It helped me a lot) for starting the media player but nothing helps the image is dark on iso dolby vision.
    Advice please

7. OlivierQC

Bonjour Claude-rc, et bienvenue sur le forum Zidoo :)
    Helas le Zidoo ne prend pas en charge les ISO Dolby Vision, seulement les MP4 et MKV.

A bientot

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Claude-rc, and welcome to the Zidoo forum :)
    Zidoo devices do not support Dolby Vision ISO, only MP4 and MKV.

See you soon

8. karipu

karipu Member

Is there a player that support that?

9. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

At this time.... NO!
    (Only some clones of oppo players ).

For now it’s experimental function, we must be patient, it’s very new all this.

10. daddy

daddy New Member

11. OlivierQC

Hello karipu and welcome.

As leonkoum and daddy say, only chinoppo supports ISO DV.

Here are the new models

- M9201 --> Oppo 203 clone. New motherboard, HDMI IN, CEC and coaxial
    - M9203 --> Oppo 203 clone. New motherboard, HDMI IN, CEC, coaxial and VFD display, it is not known if it has a toroidal power supply
    - M9205 --> Oppo 205 clone. New motherboard, HDMI IN, CEC, coaxial, VFD display, other USB 3.0, toroidal power, Wifi and RS232-C.

BUT...

This is not the same price range, and chinoppo does not support MKV DV and has no graphic user interface to display your movie collection with posters for example.

Le chinoppo est plus cher et ne prend pas en charge le MKV DV et n'a pas d'interface utilisateur graphique pour afficher votre collection de films avec des images.

chinoppo比较贵,不支持MKV DV。
    它没有图形用户界面,不能用电影海报显示你的电影收藏。

-------------

Note:
    There are also players such as the (we're way out of the price range of the Zidoo X9Z)

Cineultra V203 (Chinoppo (M9702) with UHD disk reader)
    UHD G5300 (clon Oppo 203/Chinoppo)
    Pannde 670 (Dolby Vision, HDR, UHD disks, removable hard disk, XLR, etc.)

Picture of Pannde 670
    [​IMG]

I had a dream....zidoo will maybe one day propose an uhd3000 with a UHD player...

See you

12. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

so there is a chance that DV iso support will appear over time?

13. OlivierQC

Hello ulna68,

You should ask Mirror, maybe it will answer you.

I think only Mirror and the CEO members have the answer to this question., whether it is with this generation or with the next one...

你应该问Mirror,也许它会回答你。

我想只有Mirror和CEO成员才有这个问题的答案,不管是这一代还是下一代。

See you

14. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

can still use vs10 to provide dv-ish picture?

15. Hanto

Hanto New Member

Pour les chinoppo, il existe une méthode pour afficher une interface graphique avec les collections de films via Emby.

For chinoppo, there’s a way to a graphic user with movies set by Emby.

16. OlivierQC

Bonjour Hanto,

Merci, tu a raison encore un point negatif tu achete un boiter qui coute les yeux de la tete et tu dois ajouter une apk pour avoir droit au poster, merci pour l'info.

Hello Hanto,

Thank you, you are right one more negative point, chinoppo costs an arm and a leg and you need to get your hands dirty to be able to display posters, thanks for the info

See you

17. daddy

daddy New Member

Il faut installer Emby pour avoir droit aux posters, mais au moins tous les films en DV fonctionnent et sont lus correctement sur le chinoppo. (dvhe.07.06 en .iso ou en .mp4)

Makemkv (le programme pour faire des fichiers mkv en DV) mélange une piste 4k à une piste FHD avec des métadata ? (BL+EL+RPU)
    En DV MEL l'image contenue dans EL est "vide", donc pas de problème pour faire BL + EL (vide) + RPU. Mais est ce que ce procédé fonctionne lorsque EL n'est pas vide ? (DV FEL)
    Pour être certain que le procédé makemkv fonctionne, il faudrait tester sur un film DV FEL ayant une grosse piste DV. (voir: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448)
    Est ce que Unhinged ou Universal soldier fonctionnent en mkv, et comment est l'image comparée a celle du BD UHD ?

You have to install Emby to be entitled to the posters, but at least all the movies in DV work and are played correctly on the chinoppo. (dvhe.07.06 in .iso or .mp4)

Makemkv (the program for making mkv files in DV) mixes a 4k track with an FHD track with metadata? (BL + EL + RPU)
    In DV MEL the image contained in EL is "empty", so no problem to make BL + EL (empty) + RPU. But does this process work when EL is not empty? (DV FEL)
    To be sure that the makemkv process works, you should test on a DV FEL film with a large DV track. (see: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448)
    Does Unhinged or Universal soldier work in mkv, and how does the picture compare to BD UHD?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  18. OlivierQC

19. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Exactly the same issue that I have, but using an internal HDD in my Z10 pro. When I clear data in HT4.0, or reset factory, and then restore my backup, it seems ok. But the issue is back again after some time of use. With a new scrape after a reset factory, that’s the same. That makes me think to a cache issue or something like that. All my other movies play correctly, including the 4K HDR 10 ones.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  20. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Yeah, very likely caching code needs fine tuning, to demand replenishment earlier (eg. when cache falls below 75%). The more expensive way is to increase cache size, but the 2Gb RAM poses a physical constraint.

Imagine a clip at 400Mbps, thats 50MB/s. 10 seconds of cache requires 500MB of RAM. It’s huge...

Direct attached storage can respond much faster to the cache request compared to storage over network. That’s probably the reason why direct attached HDD doesn’t have issues.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021