Zidoo Z9X local trailers hanging - please help, I'm hopeless

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by kocurek7, Jun 13, 2022.

1. kocurek7

kocurek7 New Member

Hi!

I'm new Zidoo Z9X user and trying to set it up properly.
    I followed MarkSwift's best settings guide.

"About" section says:
    Software Version: v6.4.06
    Android Version: 9
    I did clear system application data and Restore Factory Settings a few times. It did not help.
    Maybe I should install non-Android version of firmware? I only did online update and selected "beta".

I'm having problem with local trailers which hang, stop playing immediately and return to menu.
    I've set up a testing library with only 3 movies in it:
    1. 1917 (2019)-trailer.mp4 - playback hangs
    2. Joker (2019)-trailer.mp4 - same as above - trailer hangs
    3. Trainspotting (1996)-trailer.mp4 - trailer works just fine.

I attach a video to explain it better:

I did not press anything on the remote while playing number 1 and 2, they just quit suddenly.

All 3 trailers play just fine on my laptop.
    So is my Zidoo broken or are the trailer files broken or what is going on here? Can someone explain it?
    Any help appreciated.

My system:
    TV: Sony 75XG8596
    Amplifier: Advance Playstream A5 stereo
    Box: Zidoo Z9X

My connection:
    Zidoo Z9x - HDMI cable -> TV - optical cable -> stereo amplifier

What are the best audio settings if I don't have a home cinema amplifier and only use a stereo amplifier?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Never seen that - Got to be something wrong with the files - Can you post a link to one of the trailers that doesn't work?

I'd leave Audio set to "Auto" - the EDID will tell the box what audio formats are supported.

3. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I occasionally run into this problem with YouTube trailers downloaded through Tiny Media Manager. All my MKV trailers ripped from disc play fine as well as those downloaded from Apple Trailers.

4. AngryVirginian

Also, trailers with PCM audio may crash HT4. I had to convert the audio to AAC when I came across one of those.

5. kocurek7

kocurek7 New Member

Well, I don't remember where from I downloaded those trailers.
    Dropbox links are blocked on this forum. Can I put a link to my public dropbox files by e-mail or private message?

6. Markswift2003

Create a text document with the URL in it and attach that to a post..

7. kocurek7

kocurek7 New Member

Text file attached.
    Number 1 and 2 don't work, number 3 works fine.

Attached Files:

8. AngryVirginian

9. Markswift2003

Not really sure what's wrong with those files - I expected maybe a wrong profile being reported, but it's not that.

It may be just a badly encapsulated MP4, but the Zidoo player plays them fine, it's just NuPlayer which is the online player used for trailers that doesn't like them.

If you remux with MKVToolnix as an MKV they work just fine.

10. kocurek7

kocurek7 New Member

I did remux them with mkvtoolnix and everything works. Thank you @Markswift2003
    I didn't realize that a different player is used for trailers.

11. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Interesting, I have queued 1000 trailers or so over the past month and not seen this once. Watched quite a few of them while testing. most from Apple, and a few missing ones from youtube using YTDLP GUI for windows. a few mkv files, mp4 files and many many mov files from apple. Audio output set to raw.

12. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Is this the case if you are using local trailers, I think digital signage mode is using the zidoo player however.

13. Markswift2003

Yes - the mechanism for trailers calls NuPlayer because ostensibly they are online resources - or were until Google buggered with their API.

I've asked about the possibility of using the Zidoo Player for local trailers although this would have to ignore resolution and framerate settings.

Yes, Digital Signage Mode uses the Zidoo Player.

nc88keyz likes this.
  14. Miroslav Hrncir

Miroslav Hrncir New Member

Unfortunately this error is pretty common. Anyway use mkvmerge to convert the trailers to MKV. This will help. I made my own script to fix it (it's CMD file for windows):

@pushd %~dp0 > nul
    @echo off
    for /R %%f in (*trailer*.mp4) do (
    "%~dp0\mkvmerge.exe" "%%f" -o "%%~df%%~pf%%~nf.mkv"
    del "%%f"
    )
    @echo off
    for /R %%f in (*trailer*.mov) do (
    "%~dp0\mkvmerge.exe" "%%f" -o "%%~df%%~pf%%~nf.mkv"
    del "%%f"
    )
    @pause