zidoo z9x is not always turned on by the remote control from sleep mode.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Sergei405, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Sergei405

Sergei405 New Member

Good day. When the console is put into sleep with the remote control, it does not always turn on from the remote control as if it were frozen, you just need to turn it off with the toggle switch at the back and turn it on for a while, it works normally, then it repeats. It can work normally for 2-10 hours and will not turn on for 3 days at one point.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Does this happen if you set "Power Off" rather than "Standby" (press and hold power button to select)?

Sergei405 likes this.
  3. Sergei405

Sergei405 New Member

From Power Off I test and while it always turns on. My friend has such a z9x, he also sometimes does not turn on from Standby. This is a firmware problem.

4. Markswift2003

I always use full power off on my box (If I remember to turn it off which is quite rare!) so I'll test Standby today and see what mine does.

Sergei405 likes this.
  5. Sergei405

Sergei405 New Member

This may not appear immediately, maybe after 3 days or after he has stood overnight, but this does not always happen. I would be very grateful if you test.

6. Markswift2003

Ok - I'll leave it set to standby and we will see what happens..

Sergei405 likes this.
  7. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I had the problem a while ago when I first bought the Z9X, but since I choose power off and works very well I forgot about it.

Sergei405 likes this.
  8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Has anyone had difficulty waking their Zidoo from standby (and by that I mean, with my Z1000 Pro) when the red power light is showing, using their Harmony Elite Remote, rather than the supplied Bluetooth one?

I ask as sometimes the Harmony Activity I've set up doesn't wake the Zidoo, resulting in me having to press the power button on the front, which is no big deal.

9. Markswift2003

Well I've been using standby since yesterday, and obviously on standby over night and it's been fine so far...

Sergei405 likes this.
  10. Sergei405

Sergei405 New Member

She can, as I said, work normally for 3 days, or maybe 2 hours and not turn on. You yourself saw on the video and I am not the only one, my friend also has such a problem, and the person here also wrote that there is a problem with getting out of sleep mode. I would be grateful if you could send the firmware to the developers about this issue.

11. Markswift2003

I'll keep trying - in order to identify the problem, it needs to be replicated.

Sergei405 likes this.
  12. Sergei405

Sergei405 New Member

I already do not put in a dream, I do a complete shutdown, I'm tired of it when it does not turn on. The firmware is installed 6.0.90 G I tried to cleanly install 6.0.22g recovery and nothing changes up to 90.

13. Markswift2003

In all honesty I think a complete shutdown is best anyway.

14. Sergei405

Sergei405 New Member

It may be better, but the launch is faster from sleep, and if this mode is there, then it should work correctly.

boxerfan and MicleCh like this.
  15. Markswift2003

I've been using standby for 3 days now and it's been working fine.

I've left it in standby over night and it's fine. I've left it switched on over night and it's fine. I've left HT4 running when putting into standby and I've tried closing it down - all fine.

I'll keep trying, but the only thing I can think of is you maybe have an app or a process running that doesn't play nicely with standby?

Sergei405 likes this.
  16. Sergei405

Sergei405 New Member

Thank you for testing and helping, mi box s have exactly the same programs, it works fine. So it's not about programs? Is it the firmware? Can't it be a problem in the hardware? With a complete shutdown, no problem.

17. Markswift2003

I'm interested to find out the issue, so I'll keep testing, but yes, I think a full power down is the best option anyway since that stops all processes and apps cleanly.