Zidoo Z9X - HDMI sound issues.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Snowfire, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Snowfire

Snowfire New Member

Hi all,

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the following?

I have a Zidoo Z9X which is plugged into HDMI 1. A Sonos arc which is plugged into HDMI 2 (earc port). SkyQ box plugged into HDMI 3.

If I'm watching either Sky or one of the internal apps (Netflix, Amazon, Disney+,Apple TV) and the Zidoo box is switched off, then I cannot get the sound to come out of the Sonos Arc. The TV is a Panasonic JZ1500 and passthrough is enabled. If I try enable home cinema mode, it just says to check the HDMI cable. If I turn the Zidoo box on, then I can change it from TV speakers to home cinema. If I also unplug the HDMI cable then it allows Sky and internal apps to work through the soundbar.

I've tried different cables, the Zidoo in ports 3 and 4 and it does exactly the same as above. Tried it with CEC on and off.

Not too sure what else it could be. Anyone get any ideas?

Thank you.

2. Blue-beast

Blue-beast New Member

Hello.

It might be a little off, but no harm in trying…
    Not really sure how you have connected all together, but in my case I have all devices connected to an amp and the amp to a TV…
    The problem was with too many HDMI devices, resulting in a HDMI CEC function not working correctly…, the sound was not working correctly and I had to reset the connections every time.

Long story short, I manage to find a HDMI CEC Less adapter and connect it to a troubled device (in my case Zidoo and Bluray player) and from then on no more sound problems.

I have a Sony TV, which has a Bravia sync which has some limitations with types of HDMI devices, but then I found out, that is a more of a HDMI problem…

As I found out the HDMI CEC function on Android devices causes more problems than good.

I suggest that you try to find a HDMI CEC Less adapter and connect it to Zidoo…

Regards,
    Rok

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  3. Snowfire

Snowfire New Member

Adapter arrived today and seems to have sorted the issue so thanks a lot. :)

4. Blue-beast

Blue-beast New Member

Wow, that was quick... glad to help out...

Regards,
    Rok

5. Snowfire

Snowfire New Member

Amazon for you. I'd it didn't work it goes back :p