Zidoo Z9X Blocks My Wireless Signal

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Aren, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Aren

Aren New Member

Hi all.

My Zidoo Z9X player is near to my Huawei 253S modem. Zidoo is connected to the modem via ethernet cable.
    This modem is also connected to another modem which is in another room via ethernet cable.
    When I do the speedtest in the other room via wireless, everything is ok.

But when I do the same test in the room which Zidoo is connected, my speed is very very low. (During the test Zidoo is ON)
    I am doing the same test with stand by Z9X, it shows maximum speed.

It seems that Z9X is blocking my wireless signal.

What could be the main reason and the solution ?

Kindly waiting your response.

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Turn wireless off on the Zidoo?

3. Aren

Aren New Member

It is already turned off.
    It is connected via ethernet cable, not using wifi on Zidoo.

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Wrap your Zidoo in aluminum foil ;)

Whitfield and Aren like this.
  5. Aren

Aren New Member

Come on I really need a good solution :)

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

You ever watched "Signs" ? :confused:

Joke aside,
    First off, I wonder why you would have two modems connected to each other. Secondly, I find it rather difficult to imagine that the Zidoo would block/interfere with the WiFi signal, particularly when its own WiFi is disabled. But, never say never.

The first thing I would monitor is the WiFi's reception bar on the device you do the speedtest with. Secondly I'd temporary connect the Zidoo to the other modem in the other room. Run the tests again and determine whether the results would be consistent with your stated suspicion.

Should these speedtest concern up- and downloadspeeds to and from the internet, maybe the Zidoo, when turned on, is eating away your internet bandwidth with some (unfinished) process.
    What you can do then is leave the Zidoo on, but disconnect the ethernet wire and run the tests again. See what happens.

7. Aren

Aren New Member

Thanks for your reply.
    - The second modem is Apple Airport Extreme. It extends my internet with wireless.
    - When Zidoo is turned on, I can do the speedtest in the other room and everything is ok. So nothing is eating my bandwith.
    Something inside in Zidoo is blocking :) It is not magic but I will try to disconnect etheret wire and do it again.

8. Aren

Aren New Member

So after disconnected via cable I did it the test again and the result is the same. Speed is very low.

And what is now :) ?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  9. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

check & ensure zidoo hotspot/wifi sharing is switched OFF

10. Aren

Aren New Member

Portable wifi hotspot option is already switched off.

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Mmm strange indeed.
    Did you check the WiFi status on your device, when in the same room with Zidoo turned on?
    I still would be baffled if it turns out the Zidoo indeed blocking WiFi. I have my Z9X and access point within feet of each other.
    But, as I said, never say never. I do wonder if an IP assignment issue is into play here.

12. Aren

Aren New Member

It is very strange... the wifi status in Zidoo is OFF.

Ethernet is disconnected, Wifi option is OFF, Zidoo is ON and my wireless speedtest is very low.

When Zidoo is OFF, everything is back to normal :)

Could it be its antenna ? :)

13. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Long shot here... Bluetooth interfering?

14. Aren

Aren New Member

What do you mean by interfering ? I can close bluetooth and try it, it is open for using my logitech mini keyboard.

15. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I meant maybe your Zidoo's bluetooth signal is interacting/disturbing with the WiFi signal. Again, it's a long shot.

16. Aren

Aren New Member

I tried it but again , didn't work :(

What about wifi channel in the interface of the modem ? It has been chosen automatic.

There is 13 different channel in the Huawei modem.

17. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Very nice thought. I'd say, give it a go and select other channel manually. Maybe you can also try if changing 2,4 GHz <==> 5 GHz, when possible, would help.

18. Aren

Aren New Member

Ok there is an app Wifi Analyser which shows you best wifi channels.

It was channel 6 for me and now everything is fine when Zidoo is ON.

Speedtest is OK.

It is the first time I change this wifi channel, until now it was selected as automatic.

Conflict of Wifi signal is completely new for me...

19. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Great you got it solved.
    Still weird your Zidoo seems to be able to jam certain frequencies, then.