Zidoo Z9s Wester Digital Purple Problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Avelar, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Avelar

Avelar New Member

Hello, I have zidoo Z9s with the latest firmware and I have HDD 4TB Wester Digital Purple and is not recognized by Zidoo, I have tried the sata 3.0 connection and external box with usb 2.0 and 3.0 without success.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Ricardo

2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

3. Avelar

Avelar New Member

Hello, yes, it's new, I didn't create a GPT, it's formatted in NTFS.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

NTFS is ok.

GPT is a partition style that you must use with your HDD when you use it in a media player like a Zidoo (vs MBR that we usually use to install Windows). Usually, I have to use Windows Disk Management to create a simple volume on my new HDDs (it will be formated during the procedure) to be recognized in Windows or in my Zidoo.

Maybe try to format the HDD to see if it helps.

H1982 likes this.
  5. Avelar

Avelar New Member

I have 3 discs and only this one have problems. With GPT when connecting to the PC to load the films will the PC recognize the HDD? How do I format the HDD with GPT?

Thanks.

6. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  7. Avelar

Avelar New Member

8. H1982

H1982 New Member

eu tenho um disco formatado wd roxo GTP de 2 terabytes funciona perfeitamente no meu z9s

9. Avelar

Avelar New Member

Como formato o disco?

Obrigado.

10. H1982

H1982 New Member

[QUOTE = "Avelar, post: 141749, membro: 66046"] Como formato o disco?

Obrigado. [/ QUOTE]
    You have to format the disc with Virtual. Manager for your computer you give the right client opens the device manager opened the disk manager after you make the disc formatting you choose MBR or GTP more choosing the GTP

11. Seamus

Seamus New Member

NTFS can be formated in GPT or in MBR system. If Zidoo cannot recognize GPT, you must change it in Windows. Formating is done after this.

12. Avelar

Avelar New Member

I think it is a hdd defect and I put several discs and everything is fine.

13. H1982

H1982 New Member

yes zidoo recognizes both the NTFS GTP or MBR hard disk format as its disk is 4 terabyte you better format it in GTP yes it is on Windows

14. H1982

H1982 New Member

my hard drive wd purple is formatted in NTFS GTP it is connected in SATA port