Zidoo Z9S : Subtitle langue download not work. Search for subtitles failed

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Thanos, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Thanos

Thanos Member

Hello to all local users.

- Using the "HOME THEATRE" function returns an error: Search for subtitles failed

- My device : Zidoo Z9S
    - Firmware : v2.3.10
    (Tested frimware: v2.2.96, *82, *61 / it does not work in any one tested).

upload_2020-3-9_14-44-44.png

- The language I want to use is set to French, but even English, Cestina (czech) or any other language does not work. I have tried everything in the setup, from enforcing the subtitle, and setting other languages and regions, but downloading the subtitle shortcut does not work.

[​IMG]

- I tried to connect both Wifi and LAN, I tried to change DNS, so what the hell should I do to make the Zido BOX finally work?

PS : Only when I use the "Zidoo Controler" application on the iPad I can see that I offer the language "English, Chinese and Arabic"
    (I am neither Chinese nor Arab. If the Zidooo only works correctly in China, why sell it in the EU?).

But I don't see anything in the box. Has this feature ever worked, or is it just like the Zidoo Update and never worked, did it?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I don't use HT2 but go to subtitles during live playback. next go to subtitles download.
    I tagged English, Spanish and Dutch in preferences for subtitle download (be aware more than one can be tagged)
    It was made to work recently but FW 2.3.10 should include it.

In practice english subtitles are found mostly, spanisch regularly and dutch occasionally. I use the formal english movie title only with any other info between ( ... ) like UHD, 3D etc as filenames.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  3. Thanos

Thanos Member

First of all, thank you very much "Monkey" !

Thank you for the tip. I set up multiple languages, but still only ENG works, nothing more, at least in my case.
    (What an interest to download English subtitles for an English film).

I tried the ten (16-18) movie of no change, even after changing the title. Only English or nothing.

- Yet the French and Czech subtitles are available on the "https://www.opensubtitles.org/" site for all my 20 films, only on Zidoo it doesn't work.

- I'm not rich, I had to put five months money aside to buy this Zidoo box. I can't afford to pay 180Euro for something that doesn't work even half.

OpenWRT: Works only in half or at all, better until I turn the box off and on again.
    Zido Update : It doesn't work and never worked, just via the USB key.
    Movie Subtitles: I work the same as Update, which is just to show off and defend high prices.
    Video: Impossible to achieve normal results, either hazy, black, or grainy.
    Music player: Missing basic features like play only one song (Zidoo plays all without stopping) To display the time on the box, it must be always ON etc, etc.

(mainly that on the front page indicate how much it has a function, that it does not work or only work in CN already specify. Probably some new mod)

If Zidoo has the only solution to use a third-party application, then I see no reason to pay so much money for Zidoo.
    (Those who face the same problems as I have a lot of luck and strong nerves:) To avoid !).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will check the suttitle issue.
    BTW: I think there is no media player you want in the world

5. Marwan

Marwan New Member

There is nothing but English subtitle :(

6. rondi7

rondi7 New Member

7. DrKing

DrKing New Member

Ónde tem essa opção de Marcar os idiomas de preferência de legendas? No meu não funciona bem. Tenho o z10 pro

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is under the language options => Subtitles. Be aware that more that 1 language can be selected here!