Zidoo Z9S screensaver + scraping mediainfo data from files

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by sojer2005, Apr 27, 2019.

1. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Hi,
    I have purchased Z9S, and updated it to latest firmware. Great picture quality, I think it's better than on Infuse Pro on my Apple TV 4K.
    I have LG OLED display, so I would like to activate screensaver on Z9S. But I cannot find Daydream in Display menu (I have checked quick and advanced settings). I would like Zidoo team to implement a decent screensaver into firmware... maybe you are working at this guys?

Secondly,
    Is there a way to forced Home Theatre 2.0 app to scan files for "technical metadata" so it could show all the badges like resolution, frames, audio?
    After scanning I have only mkv and m2ts badges. The additional information and badges are displayed after launching movie and going back to poster wall.
    Is it a limitation of the HT 2.0 app?

Cheers

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Unfortunately that's a limitation of HT2 at the moment.

3. gymnos

gymnos Member

We all are waiting for a Zidoo screensaver...

Johnwoto likes this.
  4. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Ok, I though so.
    It’s definitely a feature I would welcome very much... maybe someone from the Zidoo team @zidoo @mirror will be willing to respond if the are actually working on this.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  5. iyth

iyth New Member

You can using Kodi with many add-on to obtain the screensaver such as bing's daily photo.

gymnos likes this.
  6. valdemar68ru

valdemar68ru New Member

Zidoo screensaver is very necessary. Third-party software is not the solution. The screensaver should be integrated into the firmware.

Johnwoto and gymnos like this.
  7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Daydream screensaver is included and working nicely with my Z9X running on Android 9.

Google Clock can be set also as the screensaver instead of Daydream. Uses a lot less power on an OLED and having a big clock is nice too. So in fact this request was honored for new models.

If it ever comes for older Android versions?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  8. catorcio

catorcio Member

[QUOTE = "Nice Monkey, post: 130242, member: 4756"] Lo screensaver Daydream è incluso e funziona bene con il mio Z9X con Android 9.
    Se mai arrivasse per versioni precedenti di Android? [/ QUOTE]
    Non sarebbe meglio aggiornare con Android 9. il vecchio Zidoo?

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Zidoo have never upgraded older Android Boxes
    its easier for them to release newer models with updated Android systems like the x10 , Z10 and now Z10X

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Frankly it is the underlying Realtek policy to never update their SDK to a new Android version. Zidoo just follows with what they get.

11. catorcio

catorcio Member

I think it's easier to sell new models

12. DELUCAS

What do you think Apple does every year and all they add as such is a Higher spec camera and still sells Millions of units. :) :)
    its Business .

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  13. catorcio

catorcio Member

14. DELUCAS

Great so when you getting rid of the Zidoo then ?

15. catorcio

catorcio Member

You're crazy? With what it cost me I throw it away? I keep it while it lasts and when the time comes I replace it with a brand that is more attentive to customers.