Zidoo Z9S beta firmware v2.3.60

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by ElvisC, Jun 22, 2021.

1. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

2. H1982

H1982 New Member

I already installed for me is working properly

Galactic likes this.
  3. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

I installed
    The problem of player get stuck while playing movies stopped, however the screen saver still kicks in sometimes during playback

4. H1982

H1982 New Member

try factory reset

5. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Thanks!

H1982 likes this.
  6. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

With the latest firmware, HT .69 is installed. I'm not able to start any trailer with that version. I tried it at least with 15 movies. It always show "the trailer cannot be played".

German language is selected.

Any ideas or is it an issue?

7. H1982

H1982 New Member

This is a problem that many Zidoo users are facing with the new firmware

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There's an issue with online trailers at the moment - an issue with YouTube apparently. Local trailers are working.

Frostb!te likes this.
  9. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Thanks for your hints. Some IMDB-ratings are not shown either though a rating on IMDB exists. Should be a bug, too, shouldn't it?

10. andys

andys Member

what bothers, aspect ratio does not store .. every playbeck you have to reset

11. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Not 4 me, i do not have any probs with the AR since the first official FW...nor with the latest beta.

12. andys

andys Member

with global aspect ratio now fine,if it binds divx, it would be great for me!!

13. Merrin

Merrin New Member

I've tested this firmware, and it seems to work nicely, but I've noticed something odd.

Until now, with the Zidoo Youtube application, you could press "Back" on the remote when an ad appeared, and it returned to the menu. Then you could play the clip again. It was a way to skip annoying ads.

Now if you press "Back", Youtube doesn't do anything. It seems that when the Youtube ads start playing now, you have to wait several seconds before you can use the remote. The reactions to buttons are delayed, it seems that it's done to block the possibility of interrupting the ads.

I don't know, however, if this is related to the new firmware, or if this is something that Youtube did.

14. Schumy

Schumy Member

2 issues with this firmware:

1) all SDR movies output in HDR, the color gamut looks decent just a bit too bright and saturated. It would have been nice if we can an option to enable this effect at will. After a few reboots, this error is gone.

2) about 1/3 to half of the movie posters and backdrops tuned blank, require "Change Image" again, and some backdrops are no longer available for selection, seems like the app's online poster/backdrop database has been reduced.