Zidoo Z9S as IPTV PVR and NAS

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by homenet, Oct 5, 2019.

1. homenet

homenet New Member

Is the Zidoo Z9S can be used as NAS?

What is purpose of HDMI input? Can this be used to record streams from other android tv box?

Thanks.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes and yes...

Never tried recording on HDMI in, but the box runs OpenWRT so has full NAS services.

3. homenet

homenet New Member

Thanks, @Markswift2003.

Has anyone else used HDMI In to record? I will appreciate any feedback.
    I am sure someone must have used that feature.

Thanks.

4. woody

woody Member

I can confirm that HDMI in (passthrough & recording ) works in Zidoo Z9S. I tested it for couple of hours when I first bought it. And only with FTA TV feed from another source. So not sure about other sources into Zidoo.

I never did after that as my TV can also record (FTA TV ) into an attached storage.

Edit - Yes the storage attached to Zidoo should be visible in Local Network. The openwrt setup can be accessed via any browser from a remote device ( on the local network) should there be any need to change/view anything.

This is the easiest way to move media files around.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  5. homenet

homenet New Member

@woody! Thanks for the reply and info.

BTW: Which TV you have which can record FTA TV into an attached storage as you mentioned?

Thanks.

6. woody

woody Member

It's a Samsung QE75Q9FN. Attached a SanDisk Ultra 128 GB. And works fine. Scheduled/Live recording of two separate channels. The TV takes into two feeds from the Dish Antenna.