ZIDOO Z10 PRO

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Thanos

Thanos Member

Really?

I bought my first BOX Zidoo mainly because of OpenWRT.
    So does that mean that all the "HDD write & read right, torrent, SAMBA etc" rights will depend on the Android rights (with out root) ?
    (The NAS function was key to me. I'm not an audiophile or somehow demanding).

Well, now I really weigh between :
    Zidoo 10 Pro
    and :
    Beelink GS-King X with dualboot capabilities to CoreElec, 2x SATA and HW spec. S922X-H + G52, 4GB DDR4 + 64GB eMMC - soon with the support of "Android 10" which will bring some new features.
    (Oh, those difficult life decisions :))

Thanks for the info NMonkey.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Zidoo promised to come with alternative for SMB Server.

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Odd thing powered off box and Screen powered off as well no cec have been enabled .

4. Nice Monkey

You can try enabling CEC, turn off all CEC features next for it and finally disabling CEC again. Have seen this doing something with older Android generations.

HDMI CEC is an Android feature despite settings been moved to Quick Setup. No idea if Zidoo can modify something for it?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  5. DELUCAS

weird thing is in all the zidoo boxes ive used not once has my screen powered off on powering off the z10 etc
    As ive never enabled cec .

but will give it a go later .

6. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

looking forward to hear a mini review - I also have the Z10 and thinking is it worth upgrading to the Z10Pro?

thanks
    Z

DELUCAS likes this.
  7. Nice Monkey

Zigourney likes this.
  8. DELUCAS

Zigourney likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

DELUCAS likes this.
  10. DELUCAS

Thanks i will update and add tested in only 1080p Professional Monitor
    As it still going strong 11 years .......

but still impressive Picture i may add . :)

11. DELUCAS

So far it seems to be working at moment . :)

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I confess I'm hopeless when it comes to Networking with just about every device I have, particularly when setting up one for the first time. Maybe my questions on the Z9X forum didn't explain my initial concern about my recently ordered Z1000 Pro, when it comes to Networking.

This thread: - https://www.avforums.com/threads/zi...lby-vision-vs10-owners-thread.2287438/page-10 has confirmed my worst fear that my Z1000 Pro's internal HDD or for that matter, any connected drives, will not be seen on my network.

@DELUCAS has tried but failed to defend this lack of functionality, putting it down to a lack "convenience" - really?, I don't think so! I won't repeat what I said over there but really, this ought to have been sorted at the Development stage and trust the firmware which has been promised this week, will include full network functionality and will arrive before my Z1000 Pro

13. DELUCAS

Just to correct this matter for @rozel i was reffering to someone else’s post on why people use internal hard drives in there devices and its so old school etc

and that many do as we are all different etc .

That is what i was answering not to do with the Network side of things or lack off .

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I was "inflamed" and still am by the current lack of internal (or connected) HDD functionality and you came across and still are saying "why people use internal hard drives in there devices and its so old school etc". I disagree that it's old school. If you think it is, then please explain - thanks

15. DELUCAS

you are again reading it it WRONG AGAIN !!!

I USE A HARD DRIVE
    I always have from day one in fact i use SSD Drive on mine

Wether people call it old school or not i prefer using drives for storage .

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone would say it's old school, so why say it in the first place?

17. Nice Monkey

You can even take it a step further. I am considering myself innovative and connect a lot of HDD's to my media player.

Use 1 as a NAS for all others around and update it from my PC. Prefer it far above what others call a real NAS (with RAID). Now waiting for SMB Server to come back for Z9X. But anyway have enough units to run it on another media player.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  18. DELUCAS

Im deff Old school i dont even Network mine ;)

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Lol

Well with a bit of luck my Z1000 Pro will be despatched on Friday, a little earlier than I expected, so this time next week I'll be able to check things out - I've ordered a 10tb HDD for it from Germany (my idea being to transfer all my stuff from the A11 to it and use the A11 for photos alone) but I think it will not arrive before the Z100 Pro. Hopefully the new firmware will be out by then to fix these issues - fingers crossed :D

DELUCAS likes this.
  20. Surjit Singh

Surjit Singh New Member

Just received my Z10 pro but I'm more into streaming movies & tv series. Can't get it to work on KODI. Any other choices? Thanks