Zidoo Z10 Pro doesn't show Atmos on receiver but LG OLED smart TV does

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by boolian, Apr 20, 2022.

1. boolian

boolian Member

When supposedly playing Atmos on Zidoo, my receiver says "Dolby Audio - Dolby Surround" instead of "ATMOS"

2. H1982

H1982 New Member

what av receiver are you using the audio output on zidoo z10 has that is in raw

3. boolian

boolian Member

Sony STR-DH790

4. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Is the Zidoo connected to the receiver first? Also, have you tried the "Direct" sound mode on the receiver?

boolian likes this.
  5. boolian

boolian Member

Alright that might have fixed it. I'll have to test more to make sure but I pressed "PURE DIRECT" on the receiver remote and now the receiver display says "DOLBY ATMOS - DOLBY TRUEHD". Thanks

6. AngryVirginian

On Denon receivers, Direct turns off all sound processing such as room correction and bass management. The sound signal will be "unaltered" in Direct mode. Pure Direct goes a step further and turns off everything that is not necessary to produce sound such as the front display. I usually use the "Movie" sound mode and select the right sound format to get room correction and bass management.

Not sure what it is on Sony but it's probably similar.

7. boolian

boolian Member

Doesn't room correction make everything, including Atmos, sound better? My Sony has calibration with the microphone thing that comes with it that is their version of room correction I think

8. AngryVirginian

That is correct. You will need to read the receiver manual to see which sound mode will output Atmos/DTS:X while also applying room correction

9. muha

muha Active Member

If your setup is not 5.1.2 it will not show Atmos but DD+ (Denon at least works like this).

Speaker calibration is a good start, but I would recommend adjusting volumes manually after setup. I have two presets - one for movies and one for music.

10. AngryVirginian

I have a Denon X3700H and 5.1.2 setup. It shows Dolby Atmos.

11. muha

muha Active Member

Off course, I was just replying to @boolian question. One possible reason is that his speakers setup is not 5(7).1(2).2(4).

12. AngryVirginian

I don't think 5.1.2 vs 7.1.4 has anything to do with it. On my Denon, using the "Auto" sound mode does not always work. Sometimes the receiver uses the + Dolby Surround mode for plain TrueHD track. I have to push the green button on the remote and pick the right format.

I think that @boolian just didn't select the right sound mode on his receiver for the issue.

13. muha

muha Active Member

Actually speaker setup is important, pull out (or make them Zone B) Atmos (top front, ceiling) speakers and your Denon will show Dolby Atmos as DD+.

rozel likes this.