Zidoo X9S with audio, video, app and integration issues

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Hoa Tran, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Hoa Tran

Hoa Tran New Member

Hello all,

Please help me save this 10 days old box from being returned to Amazon.

As promising with great potential as it is, I was disappointed over and over again during the past 10 days having it and exhaustingly trying in vain to change countless of settings to get it work, sadly , I failed.

1. Apps:

Tidal:

* Audio:

I have tried a few builds of Tidal download either from Google Play and also other sites, from the newest to the most 2 recent versions of it, but all failed in the exact places that are deal breakers for me: When I play a song on Tidal, at the exact same spot of every song (about 3/4 of the duration), the unit will stop, try to go back and play from the begining, not even skip and go to the next track. I already check Tidal settings over and over, but nothing works.

Video: Only output the sound, never be able to play a single video in Tidal, be it a music video, a movie trailer, or interview. , none!

Preinstalled Apps:
    None of them output correct format (i set the unite with HDMI Raw passthrough)when playing FLAC files from my server (unfortunately, my library is a collection of roughly 8,000 FLAC tracks) , with the only exception of the funky looking music app. every music files of various format is output as PCM 24bit , 44 or 48khz: Zido, the "built in Media center"player, and various music apps from good play behave the same. The exception is the funky green "music player" can play and output my Flac 24bit 48khz, 96 khz FLAC files as PCM 24, 48z/96khz .

Mean while, i download quite a few video test files for DD, DD plus, DTS, DTS Master A, Dolby True HD, vv,
    The unit decodes and play them withouth a problem, all audio passthrough as expected, with correct channels numbers 5.1, 7.1 .

Any idea or suggestion to fix this woud be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

Hope is not a strategy. If it does not do enough of what you want and you can return it, I suggest you do so. There are no guarantees that they will ever sort out yours or any of the other issues.