Zidoo X9S Issues

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Tester1, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Tester1

Tester1 New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm having a few issues with my X9S, was wondering if others have had the same problems and found solutions?

1) When playing a file through the default media player, if I rewind or fastforward, it throws off the lipsync between the video and audio tracks. I need to pause the video, and play it again to fix this.

2) If the player is set to 3840 x 2160 50Hz, and the ZDMC app is entered, and exited, then resolution displayed is noticeably worse, even though in Quick Settings, it still shows the resolution selected as 3840 x 2160 50HZ. The player needs to be either restarted, or 3840 x 2160 50Hz needs to be reselected in Quick Settings, for this problem to be fixed. This problem does not occur at 3840 x 2160 at any other refresh rate.

3) Does anyone know if the player will support SMBv2? There's quite a few vulnerabilities with SMBv1 with the recent ransomware attacks so I'd like to disable it.

4) Does anyone know of any plans to use DNS for name resolution, specifically for SMB?

Thanks!

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

3) not yet
    Other don't know

3. Tester1

Tester1 New Member

Thanks for the reply! You said 'not yet' - do you know if it will be getting support for SMBv2 in the future?

4. PacoRabanne

Sorry, I absolutely don't know.
    I've asked Zidoo the same some time ago, but (as currently usual, very sad behavior of Zidoo employees) no answer at all, neither something like "not feasible".

5. Tester1

Tester1 New Member

Ah, thanks. Do you know if there's another way of contacting them, other than email/through their contact form, and just hoping for a response?

6. PacoRabanne

The latter you wrote :rolleyes: