Zidoo X6 Pro - A hopeless media player

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Antonis L., Aug 28, 2017.

1. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

Well, honestly this is probably the last time I intend to start a thread about this piece of junk. Forgive my language but I have been struggling constantly for almost two years now (bought it back on Nov 4 2015 and have regretted it ever since) to have a smooth reproduction of a movie playing from just a typical external hard disk to no avail.

I gave around 200€ to have it delivered (courier, customs etc) and I wish the courier had lost it while on transit. It took a lot of nagging for the developers to have it accept >32GB NTFS hard disks (imagine a media player that just doesn't recognize 500GB hard disks, while it comes with 2 USB ports) and for two years now I'm dealing with multiple issues with audio/video desynchronization, shuttering, flickering and other similar problems. Sometimes the sound is lost entirely, others it jumps a few milliseconds and so on, making the appreciation of the movie non existent.

I had an Egreat media player in the past for years and it used to work flawlessly till its end. Had to change it only because it could not support some of the latest codecs. Little I knew back then, how troublesome it would be to have to update countless times Zidoo, without ever actually managing to enjoy a movie without issues. I played with multiple settings, I followed every damn tutorial and instruction around here, I started fresh from factory reset, in general used every advice I could find but to no avail. Every now and then it seemed that I could find an ideal combination, but minutes later the same problems over and over again reappeared. Changed multiple hard disks as well, different sizes, types, ZDMC, Kodi, whatever, this crappy machine just withstand every solution I tried against it.

This is not nuclear physics, just an android media player that should do flawlessly the absolute required minimum: play the vast majority of the movie files without reproduction issues. And it fails...miserably! Every new update solved (or thought that it solved) a few issues, just to produce others. And that has been going on for two years now.

It's more than obvious that support for this player is almost non existent anymore. Not that there's any reason to even update it further as far as it seems, since you are incapable as programmers to eliminate the problems. You can always blame the chip, Kodi or the weather, but you can't cheat me anymore in buying one of your products.

Over and out!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    hoodafukisalice and nice159 like this.
  2. nice159

nice159 Active Member

This should be a sticky thread for all Zidoo devices.
    Hello Zidoo scammers.
    Nice little Lucky Draw moneygrabbers.
    Overpriced shit devices with Zidoo fake contributors earning their free devices...

hoodafukisalice and dimtris like this.
  3. dimtris

dimtris Member

I agree with you a peace of shit

hoodafukisalice likes this.
  4. Well said. To cheat your own customers is to dig a pit for yourselves.

nice159 likes this.