Zidoo X20 Pro The Good,The Bad & Suggestion To Make It The Better!

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by JoX, Jun 15, 2018.

1. JoX

JoX New Member

Hi! This thread is for Zidoo X20 pro, its goodness & badness ( hopefully to be solved ) & suggestion for feature to be added to make it better & of cause make it value for money ( at this moment it is the most expensive media player in the market ).
    Purpose
    I bought it for one purpose only! That is as a stand alone 4K ( all in BDMV & some iso format ) player same as my Dune Max which is why I will be comparing it with Dune Max. All my BD collection is in HDD attached to HDD docking via usb port. 20180615_094715.jpg
    Thus I have no use for network or what so ever. Both media are connected to Denon 6400 which is connected to Panny 65" EZ1000 via HDMI. HDMI is set to 12 bit color same as Dune Max.
    Play back BD menu is the single most important feature why I bought Zidoo X20 pro ( well I bought pro vision as I might need the feature later when I need to listen to music ) & I am a bit disappointed as some BD menu cannot be play. Example Pacific Rim Uprising 2018 (1080) BD menu which play perfectly on dune cannot be play on Zidoo which play main movie right away. BD menu feature is very important to me as I like all the extra. The other media play with 4K BD menu abilities is Dune HD pro 4K ultra which is not available yet.
    Home Page
    This is the home page of Dune Max which is very simple. 20180615_094731.jpg It show the number of HDD & right away I can access the HDD I want & the movie inside like this:-
    20180615_094816.jpg
    20180615_094843.jpg

See simple & straight forward & I can watch my movie right away!
    Album Art
    Zidoo is using HT2.0 which store all data in a 'source directory'. It usage need some familiarization & of cause some movie can't get detected due to name listing. I am using Dune Explorer 2.0 for my Dune Max collection http://dune-hd.com/eng/support/applications_and_drivers/collection_management . Since Zidoo X20 is similar/same as Dune HD pro 4K which is why I am most eager to test it out on Zidoo on my BD collection with Dune album art. Oh I am so disappointed as it is not compatible due to this I have no choice but to still use my Dune Max!
    Dune Max album art data is all located on individual HDD which house all the BD collection. It main advantage is data is localized & most importantly I can edit movie poster,background & movie infor via pc. But the most important feature is I can do this:-
    20180615_095348.jpg
    Extract out individual movie post in png format using word & print it out so I have hard copy of my BD collection located in which HDD. I don't think it is possible using Zidoo HT2.0
    Request & Suggestion
    Since I am using Zidoo X20 as purely to playback 4K BD with not usage for all it other feature is it possible to use linux os? I believed using linux os will make the album art compatible. Finally is it possible to add in screen saver function to prevent ghosting ( need to left Zidoo on to visit the toilet or answer the phone ).

Thanks for reading this long post. All comment advice are highly appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  2. JoX

JoX New Member

I need to get use to HT2.0 like how to re scan movie poster, edit movie info & how to move/remove movie collection. Discover several movie 'disappear' in HT2.0 which freak me out but find it still in source HDD just that I cannot access it through HT2.0.
    Apart from this HT2.0 it is awesome ( if can somehow extra out the move poster for hard copy it will be the best, with data on individual HDD ).
    I believed using linux os will make the album art compatible for Dune Explorer 2.0. but then maybe have to give uo HT2.0. Of cause linus os for Zidoo will similar but distinctly Zidoo own. Hopefully option to install linus os for those who purely use Zidoo as 4k player is possible. Thank you very much in advance.

3. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

That's 1 funny post.

It reads like Hi guys I'm a porsche driver, I love my porsche, I just have bought your BMW, can you please change the engine and the interior and put an porsche engine and seat in ??

If these are your points just wait and buy the dune 4k ultra once it's getting available (if it will be). Then you have Zidoo hardware and dune OS.

[​IMG]

Yes ZIDOO X-20 is another player another OS than your current dune and believe me the x-20 (pro) is a damn good one already now. I still have many dunes and they are also good players but If I want the dune features and feeling I buy a dune !
    .. just as "cave at" the "new" realtek based dunes (ie neo for instance) doesn't have full bd menu support for the time being and it is unclear if the dune 4k pro will have it on board at release....it might will need to have a firmware update.

More seriously :

You'll need I'm afraid to re-do your metatags if I'm not mistaken. No zidoo doesn't read dune metas...and as also the new dunes will most likely also have some rework to be done...as they switched to mycollection.

For the zidoo just put define in HT 2.0 options/settings the data localization you need (ie not internal but with file source) and access HT with your PC under http://[the IP of your zidoo]:9528

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  4. JoX

JoX New Member

Hemmmm........Porsche engine & seat in a BMW possible? :p:p:p I assume you are a Porsche & BMW owner. Excellent way of thinking I must say, never though of it this way! Well is is just my wishful wish. Since Dune is not available yet I just have to try out the next best option hence Zidoo. As you put it being a Porsche driver can always try out a BMW & discover that it is totally different being a BMW driver which need getting use to. Anyway I am getting use to Zidoo navigation & HT2.0 :):):). All 4k collection will be for Zidoo while the rest will still be Dune Max. Initially I have though of 'retiring' Dune Max. A simple request can Zidoo add in screen saver? Thanks for your advice.

5. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

Everyone has their own use cases and it would appear that the Dune best serve your specific wants. I don't think you'll ever get everything you want with the Zidoo. It best to stick to what works for your rather than expect something that doesn't is going to change to your liking.