Zidoo X10...Review... FW2.0.15

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by OlivierQC, Jul 31, 2017.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Same as mine from June 2017 purchase date
    Just curious if a later spec v1.3 was produced in late 2017 / 2018

2. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Hi guys! I'm having trouble with Thor (2017) UHD, after converting it to a MKV, it suddenly stops playing the movie at approximately 1h55m. Any similar issues? I'm not sure if it's a player issue or a file issue. I'm more inclined to the second chance as the player usually works greatly with this beta firmware.

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Try converting file again to mkv before looking elsewhere etc

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

and the bdmv version works or not ?

5. Miguel Ramos

To be honest I didn't try yet. At the moment I'm using DVDFab to, eventually, repair it.

6. OlivierQC

i tried the ISO 3D and no problem, I'll try UHD HDR (ISO) soon

7. OlivierQC

hi all,

I confirm the problem with ISO UHD HDR,

The movie stops as if we were pausing and after a few seconds the screen goes black with the message "can't play video" in the middle of the screen and we go back to the page of presentation of the film.

I did the test with another multimedia box and there is no problem, everything works normally.

it seems that the problem comes from the zidoo / HT V2.0

See you

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  8. OlivierQC

hi all,

I added a video and we can see the problem

see you

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  9. Miguel Ramos

That's exactly the same problem I have!!!! :)

10. OlivierQC

Hello miguel,

I checked with a repack version (x265-iamable) and the problem is not present.

but I think the X9s/X10 has a compatibility problem with some ISO/BDMV UHD HDR because the ISO UHD HDR of Thor Ragnarok works properly with other boxes unlike zidoo.

for information:
    I check the iso file and it has no error

see you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  11. Miguel Ramos

Well this means a small bug that surely Zidoo team will deal with. Are you using the firmware 2.0.5 or the 1.5.0?

12. OlivierQC

the Fw 2.0.5 and you ?

I will maybe tried with the fw 1.4.6

13. Miguel Ramos

I'm using 2.0.5. Home Theater 2.0 is awesome!

14. OlivierQC

yes i agree with you, the HT V2.0 is awesome even if there are some improvements to do with the next FWs

15. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

In case of MKV error the best way is to open it in MKVToolnix then save it with an other name, MKVToolnix will resynch video audio subtitle timestamp. If toolnix find an error it will repair the file, but if file is corrupt it will usually output error.

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  16. Miguel Ramos

Nice tip Sarco! I'll try that as soon as I get near my PC. ;)

17. Miguel Ramos

Does Zidoo team takes into account what's discussed in these Forums to improve their products?

18. OlivierQC

Hi all,

I dowgrade my x9s in fw 1.4.6 and there is the same problem with this firmware and their old zidoo player...:(

Here is a sample with the Egreat A11 and the same video file ISO UHD HDR, as we can see there is no problem.

See you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  19. Miguel Ramos

Now I'm using MKVToolnix to check if the file has an error. If not I'll do the test again and see if the problem persists! I see that you have an Egreat A11 and the Himedia Q10 Pro. Those were the 2 models that I was reading about before I decided to get the Zidoo X10 (which I really don't regret!). I have also a Popcorn Hour A500 which is also a great player, but no HDR. To be honest I was surprised by the PQ of the Zidoo in standard bluray also! I really hope that Zidoo keeps improving their products.

20. Miguel Ramos

Edit: Already check with MKVToolnix: no errors in processing the file, but the problem persist at the exactly same time! It's surely a problem with the X10! :(