Zidoo X10...Review... FW2.0.15

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by OlivierQC, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Ruy

Ruy New Member

like this?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073SHW915/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1J8UX15IBVNJ5&psc=1

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  3. Ruy

Ruy New Member

:(What a pity! There is no longer this promotion, or I'm confused. In this case, I will buy the internal HD model and only this

4. OlivierQC

check during boxing day often the external HDD (like Seagate backup plus or similar) are cheaper and they are the same models as the internal hdd.

5. Ruy

Ruy New Member

Sorry for the difficulty in understanding your language, but I could not quite understand what you suggest as an alternative to the 8GB Internal HD to store movies that I watch on Zidoo X10. Would the Seagate backup plus work as a NAS? But then would I have to buy the Seagate backup plus and the HDs more that would cost a lot or did I get it all wrong? Could you send me a product link?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  6. OlivierQC

7. Ruy

Ruy New Member

Yes, I see now. I will have the same storage capacity for $ 50 less. Good hint! Thanks a lot!

8. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

on Samba application of media files, I can not connect to other local network storage devices allthough user account and password are correct. Do you have any suggestions.

9. OlivierQC

Hi all,

A new options available on Zidoo boxes that switches in to the right frame rate and the right resolution is available ... but does it work?

I did tests with the FW 1.5.0, and FW 1.4.20

I made videos, you can see my TV / receiver that switches (black screen) to the right mode, and the frequency / resolution appear at the top left of the TV screen.

with FW 1.5.0

I use trailers for my presentation videos

with FW 1.4.20

I use trailers for my presentation videos

After several days of use with my Zidoo X10 and my equipments, everything works properly, the box switches in the good resolution and the good frame rate according to the format of the video.

And do not forget that the videos in my collection (HD and UHD HDR only, not DVD, not DIVX, etc....) are all at the frequency of 23.976.

----------------

For your information :

I read that some people with zidoo X9s had problems with this options.
    I do not know if the problem comes from the box/FW or people who choose the wrong settings in the box options.

For my use, I have no problem....

-------------------

Thank you Zidoo... Good job.​

OlivierQC

Ruy and DELUCAS like this.
  10. Ruy

Ruy New Member

Thanks!
    Where and how do I get the FW 1.5.0 firmware?

11. domifer

domifer Member

Ruy likes this.
  12. Ruy

Ruy New Member

13. Ruy

Ruy New Member

Dear Olivier QC, i bought Seagate Backup Plus following your orientation and i have read your review, but as I'm new to these things, I could not find the openwrt icon on my laptop to store my torrents directly on the Seagate Backup Plus own connected to the Zidoo X10.
    Can you help me please?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  14. OlivierQC

Hello Ruy,

I do not know how to explain.
    in my case my zidoo is plugged in rj45 on my network and once my X10 is turn ON i do a scan of my network on my PC / win10, and my Zidoo X10 appears on my network page .

it may be able to help you

ENABLE NETWORK DISCOVERY
    If your Windows 10 computer or device can’t view other computers on the network, two things are probably at fault: You either assigned the incorrect network profile (public instead or private) or network discovery is turned off for some reason.

http://www.dummies.com/computers/op...-and-configure-sharing-options-in-windows-10/

15. Rafael M

Rafael M New Member

OliverQC, please can you tell me if the BD menu is working on these firmwares (1.5.0 and 1.4.20)?

16. OlivierQC

Hi all,

TV Shows UHD HDR (BDMV and ISO) with Zidoo devices

----------------------

I wanted to check if the zidoo supports the BD menu with the new TV show in UHD HDR (BDMV and ISO).

And unlike the competition, the Zidoo perfectly supports the BD menu of the TV shows (UHD HDR).

-----------------------

(I use pictures from internet for my presentation, i do not have the videos)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

see you

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  17. OlivierQC

Hello Rafael,

Yes it does

18. ton_dahlia

ton_dahlia Member

each device may has different problem, for my x10 on 1.50 still cannot play BD menu every files.

now I restore to the first original FW then up to 1.4.16 for now so BD menu it works again.

actually I want to up to 1.5.0 again for using the features like a auto resolution switching but i'm not ready to risk again.

my local store said that Zidoo's sales team aware this problem but they cannot clarify now.

Zidoo fans please be patient ...LOL

19. OlivierQC

hello ton_dahlia,

it's weird, I do not seem to have any problem with BD menu, I'll do a check tonight.

there is no reason that it works with me and not for you

see you

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    ton_dahlia likes this.
  20. Rafael M

Rafael M New Member

Thanks Oliver, i'll wait for your check.

regards