Zidoo X10...Review... FW2.0.15

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by OlivierQC, Jul 31, 2017.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am building a blog dedicated to Zidoo devices, it is not the final version and i will add articles / news regularly.

https://zidoodevices.blogspot.ca/

See you

2. Robert Ylvestedt

Robert Ylvestedt New Member

Nice blog. Maybe an option to select desired language between french, english and chinese so it wouldnt clutter up so much? Found it somewhat difficult to read.

//Robert

3. OlivierQC

Hello Robert,

there is a google translate option to choose the language in the menu on the right when you click on the small symbol on the top right of the screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

see you

4. Dimasi

Dimasi New Member

I want to order too .How you do it ? I contact them and they say they have not in stock...

5. WereWolf84

WereWolf84 New Member

Can the Zidoo X10 able to convert HDR to SDR like many UHD BDP and Egreat & Himedia media player?

6. OlivierQC

Hi all,

An update of my x10 review after some tests

----------------

- The auto frame rate / resolution works perfectly with movies

- I no longer have the signal cut off on my TV when the zidoo switches to the right frequency with this new FW Beta

- Unlike some people I did not notice a ratio problem.

- The box switches in the right mode according to the video

----------------

- The following demos are not smooth in my case,

[​IMG]

- About the 10bit problem (banding) since the FW 1.4.12 and compared with other boxes, the AUTO mode (12bit signal) does the job well, so I will not talk about this little problem that disappears using the auto mode.

----------------

VFD (Zidoo X10) during video playback in 1080p, UHD HDR and UHD

Display of the resolution and the frequency at the top left at the start of a video, present with the new FW beta 1.4.20

My new settings :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will look more deeply but it is already positive

thanks for your work guys

[​IMG]

OlivierQC

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    DELUCAS likes this.
  7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

One little issue with new 1.4.20 is the time Display out of every 10 seconds it jumps one second

So goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9,

As you watch a movie in 1080p DTS i have found .

8. OlivierQC

Hello Delucas,

Thanks for the information,

I do not use the VFD during a movie, I did not see.

Here is a video that shows the problem.

see you

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Hi OliverQC

Noticed it while watching a Movie filmed using a Redray Camera System picture quality v good but movie not so !
    Lol

10. OlivierQC

Hi all,

As I said above, the following demos are not smooth (micro stuttering) in my case with my X10/FW1.2.20 and my Zidoo X9S FW 1.5.0

I checked with an Egreat box and the videos are smooth, so I guess the Zidoo has a problem

People or Zidoo can they check on their side ?

Thanks in advance

[​IMG]

see you

11. Davicom

Davicom Member

Stuttering, this word i heard often. What is? Where can i download this demo? From sony site? So i can give you response
    Edit. Not Smooth: little scats?

12. OlivierQC

13. Davicom

Davicom Member

So, yes at begin and in the end of video you can notice more. I tried differend setting of "truemotion" and have result little little better. But yes there are micro-scat when camera moves
    EDIT wrong impression. truemotion doesn't do better

14. OlivierQC

Thank you for your help davicom :)

--------------

Zidoo music 2.0 with my zidoo X10, I display the info of my receiver Onkyo bottom right of the TV screen

I tried the following samples

[​IMG]

I am not an expert and i do not know if everything is working properly

see you

15. Davicom

Davicom Member

Imagine!

16. Davicom

Davicom Member

Do you have some new impression from new 1.5.0 firwmare or is it just the same of 1.4.20? Banding problem? It remained?

17. OlivierQC

hello davicom,

I have not done the update yet and mirror did a simple copy paste in the old thread of 1.4.20, i guess it's the same firmware,

and Mirror never answer my questions since several months, we will not know if there is a difference.

see you

18. Davicom

Davicom Member

Very thanks. So I'm not going to update, also about some reported problem with samba.

19. Ruy

Ruy New Member

Hello! I bought a Zidoo x10 that develops in about 10 days and I need an information: what model of internal HDD works best on this device? I am in the doubt between: Seagate 8TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb / s 256MB Cache 3.5 "Internal Bare Drive or Seagate SkyHawk 8TB Surveillance Hard Drive - SATA 6Gb / s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Drive or WD Red 8TB NAS Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6 Gb / s 128MB Cache 3.5 Inch or other…?
    Which one is the best?

20. OlivierQC

Hello Ruy,

I'm just talking about my experience.

I used a WD Red 3To 5400rpm for 2 years in multimedia boxes...no problem, very quiet and does not heat up.

Now I use an Seagate baraccuda 8TB and there is no problem either...it is noisier than my WD RED 5400rpm but in my case it's not a problem, I do not hear it during the movies I have a dedicated room with high sound level.

takes a 5400rpm hdd and it will be ok

Ruy likes this.