Zidoo UHD3000 - Music Scraping issue

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Luvmusic, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Luvmusic

Luvmusic New Member

Hello, need some advice here on music scraping with the UHD3000.

I have over 400 albums, 7k music files (Wav, Flac and MP3).

Music files are located in a Asustor NAS and also copied into a HDD, which is now inside one of Zidoo's HDD bay. NAS is connected via physical LAN - CAT6 line.

Scraping from NAS, can only complete 55% of the album. (using SMB protocol, tried NFS as well)
    Scraping from internal HDD, only 58% complete..

Albums are stored in individual folder in such structure : \Artist\Album\Songs

I tried reducing and deleted 30% of the music albums, but the result is the same...scrapping only reach ~50%

Any help most appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

We will have to wait for a smarter version. First of all everybody has different preference here and has a matching different folder structure.
    Zidoo has 2 main options here:
    - It does a smart analyses on the folder structure and finds out how it is organized. That is the difficult way as results will remain arbitrary.
    - It is made highly configurable en lets users specify how: Artists, Albums and Titles are organized and labeled.
    Dealing specifically with Collection Albums must be always part of this. Creating thousands of Artists is not the way for most. Even using Artist-Albums is not always easy as titles may be named and/or tagged with more than one artist for some titles.
    Also configurable must be how to deal with album art and tagged title.

Without doing this it will never satisfy a large number of customers as there is never such a thing as a single best way of organizing large Music Collections.
    For the time being I don't use the database at all and use Media Center to start playing an album of my choice.

3. Choufleuri

Choufleuri New Member

I understand we have to wait a smarter version, but, how can we understand basic mp3 android applications managed easily albums and artists, access to artist picture and album folder image.
    This is a mystery for me ! :(:confused:

But, I also understand how could a smarter Music Player could be fantastic.

Please Zidoo, we want Music Player how Home Theater good is. :):)

fsim2000 likes this.
  4. Nice Monkey

That is simpel as MP6 ignores any folder.jpg or cover.jpg file when present within the album folder. It uses its own scraping or the image part of a tag present within MP3/FLAC files. So indeed the most simple method for displaying the cover is not deployed.

Mabon likes this.
  5. Luvmusic

Luvmusic New Member

you got me there....changed :)

Mabon likes this.
  6. Luvmusic

Luvmusic New Member

Seems like, just have to wait for a better or "smarter" MP and I thought it should be simple expectation of the flagship product. Hope not too long a wait!
    Been using Roon and Plex before this dedicated hardware, and has no problem managing the music catalog.

Agree the Home Theater app is much better :)

Mabon likes this.
  7. Choufleuri

Choufleuri New Member

I note MP6 take into account FOLDER.JPG but not FRONT.JPG (in my case I ask MP6 to check my files and don't scrap online)

I'm sorry but this is not a huge update to correct this.

And I don't understand why it's impossible to have the complete list of artist's album. in MP6 you can have the complete tracks of an artist, but not the complete album.

So strange !!

8. Nice Monkey

For clarity I don't scrape at all. Folder.jpg is not used when playing directly using media center for album selection.

9. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

You really should try the MP6 metadata on the next version:)

10. Choufleuri

Choufleuri New Member

Alleluïa :):)

Mabon likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Anxiously waiting for it. ;)

Mabon likes this.