Zidoo UHD3000 Audio Problems

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by detroit1, May 1, 2021.

1. detroit1

detroit1 New Member

I just got the player a couple days ago and I play lots of LPCM 5.1 files mkv and also DTS HD, TrueHD, etc
    These files all played fine with my other players Oppo 103, Oppo 203 and also Himedia Q10 pro
    I still have the 203 and Q10pro and just tried and they still play all the files correctly with all speaker sound

on the Zidoo UHD3000 I already tried HDMI RAW, Auto, etc and the mkv files with uncompressed audio will only play in the left and right speakers even though the Receiver shows multi pcm in the display, same with DTSHD, it shows in the display but you only get sound in the left and right, that was mkv
    I had an m2ts file that TrueHD and it played with full sound but the mkv's with LPCM 5.1 only playing in 2 front speakers

I took the same 2 mkv files that had LPCM 5.1 and converted them to m2ts and both played in Zidoo with all speakers the same way the Oppo and Himedia was playing those files when they were in mkv

those players had no problems playing full audio whether the file is mkv or m2ts

I already did a factory reset and that did not help

I have thousands of LPCM mkv files and there is no way I can convert them all to m2ts and I should not have to do that since this player is supposed to play them correctly

so basically the Zidoo has problems with mkv files that have uncompressed audio. The TrueHD file that I was playing that worked originally was also an m2ts file

they need to get this corrected. Both Oppo and Himedia are older players and had no problems playing these same files with full audio

I am hoping that someone has some other suggestion to get this fixed

2. detroit1

detroit1 New Member

Even more problems with UHD3000

When I play a folder of mis clips, mkv, mp4 that have aac sound, it plays some with audio, then suddenly no audio as it causes the HDMI handshake to screw up

then, when I played 4K 60 mkv files, it stutters and the sound cuts in and out, unplayable

I played all these same files with No problems on the last 2 Oppo's and also the Himedia Player