Zidoo UHD2000 vs Zappiti Pro 4K HDR Version ''Authentic Cinema''

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 12, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hi,

A comparative test was made on Homecinema-fr.com website between UHD2000 and the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR version ''AUTHENTIC CINEMA''.

Authentic Cinema Company make modifications / improvements on audio/video equipment

-----------------------

Keep in mind that this HCFR article is in no way intended to be completely exhaustive, it reports the personal experience of 3 passionate from the HCFR Community.

Thanks to Mirak, le loup celeste et domin

-----------------------

The comparison may seem uneven because the Zappiti had hardware tweaks to improve video and audio quality.

-----------------------

TEST (French)

https://www.homecinema-fr.com/artic...tic-cinema-versus-zidoo-uhd2000-comparatif/4/

There are 7 pages with a drop-down menu

[​IMG]

For those who are interested you can read the conclusion of the testers on page 7
    (conclusions can be translated by google)

source : homecinema-fr
    [​IMG]

source : homecinema-fr
    [​IMG]
    ----------------------------

Conclusions

I am briefly summarizing the conclusions of the members

----------

Picture Quality

Zappiti enhance the outline of the image at the expense of a significant video noise.

Zidoo UHD 2000 offers a smooth and more natural image and combine the quality of high definition video with noise free images.

(the zidoo having very little video noise, we can adjust the sharpness settings on the TV for those who like very sharp images what the zappiti will not be able to do)

----------

Multi-channel sound digital

No differences between both devices despite the hardware improvements on the zappiti made by the company ''AUTHENTIC CINEMA''.

No significant difference exists according to homecinema-fr members

----------

Stereo analog output on RCA

Both media players deliver excellent analog stereo sound.

No significant difference exists according to homecinema-fr members

------------------------------------------

My conclusion

Despite the hardware tweaks to improve video and audio quality of the Zappiti, it cannot do better than Zidoo UHD 2000.

About Zappiti, We are talking about € 1260 for the modified model or € 495 for the upgrade...Zidoo UHD2000 costs only €823 (source Futeko.com)

There is a considerable savings in favor UHD2000 for similar performances.

we can assume that the zappiti without the hardware improvements will be worse than the UHD 2000 at the audiophile listen

I think the zidoo is the best choice, this is my humble opinion.

See you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  2. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Thanks for sharing this!

3. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

I reviewed the UHD2000 and came to the same conclusion myself. I compared it to the Zappiti DUO 4k however, and the Zidoo just has a more natural picture. Hopefully the new zaps coming in the future address some of these issues.

The fact that zappiti made a player with an outdated chip and asked $1200+ for it is a travesty. It doesn't support force subs, doesn't pass HDR meta data, etc.

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi,

and why not modify a Zidoo UHD2000 by authentic cinema or audiocom?

it already has excellent performance, what would it be with hardware improvements...

see you