Zidoo SMB server disconnecting randomly.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by boolian, Mar 25, 2022.

1. boolian

boolian Member

Connecting to Zidoo SMB server with my PC. Hardwired gigabit ethernet. Do not buy Zidoo for SMB/Samba or to act as a file server.

2. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

What? The SMB on the Zidoo is perfect. What's your problem with it?

3. boolian

boolian Member

I just told you, it disconnects on the Z10 Pro and Z9X.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Most people buy them to play video files.

5. boolian

boolian Member

yes

6. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

This is an issue with SMB1 support in Windows and not really Zidoo's fault. I get the same issue you described when mapping ZSAMBA to my home Windows 10 computer (not domain joined). I also mapped the same ZSAMBA share on my Synology NAS and the connection is never dropped there.

I gave up on trying to figure out how to make it work on Windows.

7. boolian

boolian Member

Ok I've connected it to my Unraid server I'll see how it goes for a few hours.

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Never had any issues with SMB - these SOCs support SMB 1-3 and I have a Z9X that is on 24/7 and never drops off the network.

9. Thomas Dransfeldt

Thomas Dransfeldt New Member

Hi I have a SMB problem too with the Zidoo Z1000 Pro.
    I have a shared map on a Brand new Qnap NAS where I have my movie collection.
    If I turn off the Ziddo and the NAS and later reboot them The Zidoo can scan the nas with SMB find the share but claims it's not mounted.
    If I try to mount it it will try for 5 seconds and claim an unknown error.
    The funny part is if I leave the equipment for 5 minuttes it works.

I don't have this problems with AppleTV 4K or a Zappitti box.
    These boxes can even wake up the NAS if the drives are set to stop for saving electricity.

So something is not right about Zidoo SMB implementation.
    P.S. The NAS has a static IP address.

boolian likes this.
  10. JohnG

JohnG Member

I've used Zidoo (Z9X and Z9S) for several years without any of the SMB problems you've described. All my videos (mp4's and mkv's) are archived on an NAS box, and can be accessed either through the "Poster Wall" or Zidoo's internal file manager.

11. boolian

boolian Member

It is not working with my Unraid server either. Or my Raspberry Pi server. It's not working with anything. Pissed off. They shouldn't advertise SMB server as a feature if it DOESNT WORK!

12. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It may not work in certain NAS-SMB conditions but they will be due to network system failure most than Zidoo behaviour. This is my own case.

13. boolian

boolian Member

My network does not experience issues. Whenever I have a problem, it's due to a device on the network or someone else's connection to the internet.

14. Thomas Dransfeldt

I belive there are som issues, glad it work for somebody with different eqipment.
    But it shouldnt be like this, Apple TV and Zappitti boxes just connect to everything without problems on the same network so there must be a smal firmware adjustment that still needs to be done from Zidoo.
    Connecting a NAS to a Zidoo and a Tv set has nothing to do with Windows 10.
    NAS boxes typical use Linux and own adminstration software.

Don't blame the messenger, work on it guys and make your products even better.
    If you have suggestion to test's I would be glad to work with you trying to solve it.
    I'm a network administrator so I do have some insight.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  15. Thomas Dransfeldt

Hi John Glad to hear it works for you I have a variety of different media boxes like Zappitti and Apple TV4K working excatly as your equipment, but my Zidoo Z1000 Pro having it's own life.

16. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Hey man, I am having the same issue with my Synology NAS. I never had a problem, it would stay connected but for the past few weeks. I ALWAYS have to reconnect, get the unknown error if I try to access the folder within the server because they are unmounted, and I have to wait a while for the folders to be mounted, then I can access it no problem. But then I turn of my z9x, go to bed, wake up, same issue all over again... Did you find a fix for this?

17. Thomas Dransfeldt

I will reset my Z1000Pro to factory this weekend and start from scratch to see if it fixes anything.