Zidoo Remote Control V10 mini: efficiency and details

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Visconti12, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I'm considering to get a Zidoo Remote Control V10 mini to work with my Z9X and run through my projector screen. How does it works by bluetooth? What is the exact measurement which I can't see in any review nor sale add?
    Comments are welcome!!

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Size is there, correct, but not the real experience of response and efficiency for a Z9X placed on the back of a standard projector screen. RC V8 IR doesn't work at all.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I have a couple and they work extremely well - they are bluetooth and IR and respond as well as the standard remote. A nice size and feel nice in the hand with an elegant backlight

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Thanks for your comments. What about the response through a standard projection screen?

6. Markswift2003

Using bluetooth there will be no problem with that at all.

7. X-hedgehog

X-hedgehog New Member

To turn on the media player, the V10 remote sends only an IR signal. There is another remote control with a 2.4G dongle, it also does not allow you to turn on the media player.

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Your comments is because you've tried it and doesn't respond by bluetooth?

9. X-hedgehog

X-hedgehog New Member

10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It maybe appreciated if somebody else can confirm this issue: Remote Control V10 mini doesn't switch on-off via bluetooth, just IR. It means that if you have the Zidoo behind the screen then you have to switch on-off either via IR or manually.

11. Markswift2003

Just tested - I didn't realise this, but it looks like the bluetooth stack gets switched off when powering down or going into standby, so the only way to wake the box up remotely from power off is RS232, WOL or IR.

You could use the app - power down works and power up uses WOL or you could use an IR extender.

12. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Thanks for the confirmation. IR extender is something I dislike but maybe a solution with less cost and then no need of V10 mini and handy RC.
    Issuing a WOL app is another process which takes longer and through an additional device = not really functional.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  13. Markswift2003

No use unless you have a control system, but I use RS232 and it's absolutely bomb proof!

14. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, it maybe a valid solution.
    Anyway in my case the project screen is rolling electrically and I can use IR on-off when it’s rolled back, then bluetooth for the rest of operations. :)

15. CGI

CGI Member

Would like to share another possible solution.
    I implemented/integrated Homeassistant on a NAS container in my setup and with the Zidoo plugin, it is possible to power on/off my zidoo z1000 pro via network.
    Not only you can power on/off, but browse media (both local or samba), play content, etc. on zidoo, as well. This from my phone and/or laptop, both wifi connected, all other wired.
    More info in:
    Home-Assistant Custom Component | Zidoo forum

btw - I use Homeassistant to control not only zidoo, but AVR, IPTV STB, router, old Dune, clima(s), light, security camera :)

16. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, this HomeAssistant app was considered but I prefer to separate mobile use and RC for other devices. IMO the smart phone got to many uses already!!

CGI likes this.
  17. CGI

CGI Member

Yes, I do agree with you.
    To be honest - HomeAssistant is not my primary smart home solution.
    I use Google Home. Have bought Google Nest - IMHO a nice piece of hardware, plugged 24/7 and it does accept voice commands - that's what I use - voice, not the phone.
    BUT as Zidoo does not have integration to Google home/nest and though I asked if there are any plans for integrating - received no reply from mirror.
    So I had to go the long way around - set up Home Assistant, integrated Zidoo into it (integration available), then integrated HomeAssistant to Google Home/Nest :) - what I use.
    So if Zidoo integration is available to Google home (as it has for HA and Alexa) will decomission HA.