Zidoo products...close but no ciger....

Discussion in 'NEWS&Activities' started by Ayokoya, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Several years ago, I started buying Amlogic based boxes for my relatives and friends who in their 60s to 80s, find those boxes acceptable for online video streaming only, and some can take up the challenge to navigate through awkward file explorer apps to view their old video library. Now most of them want to upgrade their boxes for all their needs, Zidoo products comes close, but they all have a nag or more....

X8 & X9S, they absolutely love the ZIUI user interface, intuitive and easy to navigate to their old video library, but found that quite a number of their videos are in the codec format that the box cannot play, and it does not fall back to software decode. These old video are not CPU intensive, not sure why software decode option is not offered, otherwise the X8 would have been a no brainer for their upgrade.

X7, it plays their old video library, but it does not come with ZIUI. For me, it does not have a Gbit LAN, most of my 4K videos over the SMB server are out of the question

H6 Pro, I hope it fills in the gap on the video format the the X8 & X9S unable to support. It does have Gbit LAN, but no ZIUI.

So, is it possible to offer ZIUI on X7 and H6 Pro? Software decode on video format that the X8 & X9S cannot play?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

there are ways to get software decoding on x8/x9s, the easy way is to install VLC or MX video player, depends on what level of comfort and integration with already installed players you want

and yes, i agree those function should already be present.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  3. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

We tried 3rd party video players, they were not impressed, neither was my wife. As a matter of fact, she had me hooked the good old ASUS O'play media player to compliment the X9S I gave her.... Don't get me wrong, I am still a big fan of Zidoo, using the X7 and X8, and a new $89 X9S from Amazon Prime day still unboxed.:)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  4. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Zidoo, ciger is lighting up.......

Just installed the ZIUI on the X7 box, its a pleasure to use right now. Thanks Zidoo