Zidoo Picture Parameters Adjustment used with OLED TV

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Shahrokh Hafizi, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Has anybody with an OLED TV made any adjustments in Zidoo's "Picture Parameters" to make it look better?

I have every thing on default setting (32).

Any suggestions?

2. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Just a suggestion:
    Brightness: 32
    Contrast: 30 (to present clipping effect in HDR)
    Color: 31
    Tint: 31

Then use several video calibration, for both SDR and HDR, to set the best settings on your display.

3. I do not use 4K materials. I only use either BD (1080p/24) or DVD (720p).
    The TV is professionally calibrated.

What Zidoo offers in "Picture Parameters" are: Brightness, Contrast, Hue, and Saturation. By default everything is set at "32".

When you say color and tint, do you mean Hue and Saturation?

I used "Avia II" for Zidoo calibration and everything seemed fine.
    But when I play movies, the picture looks a little darker than when I play DirecTV or Netflix.
    It is not so bad, I was just wondering if there was a way to make the picture consistent with the rest of my devices.

4. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

If that is the case just keep Zidoo settings and calibrate individually each display.

5. Valera

Valera Member

Probably, the Auto is the only correct option. Looks like those parameters are just a sandbox - you cannot make pq better, you can just ruin it.

6. Then I wont touch it.

Thanks

7. Valera

Valera Member

You're welcome. It is always a good idea to keep the signal from the digital transport as closer as possible to its original form. Output device such as your tv can improve signal much better than the external player with low-end multi-purpose video chip, because the logic of the tv is optimized to the particular panel type.

8. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Set your colour space to limited (16-235). Auto can select the wrong colour space and this will make images appear darker. I had to do this on my LG Oled

9. Many thanks to you.
    That solved the problem. :) :) :) what is the difference between limited and full? Are we going to miss anything (color, ...) using limited? The picture looks beautiful.

I have another issue.

I cannot get the poster wall to show up as my default page when I turn the unit on. It shows "Home" as the default page. in the "Apps" section, Home Theater 2.0 has a star next to it which means it is selected as the default, but it doesn't show up. I have to manually choose it after the start up. Can you help me by any chance?

I posted my question as a separate thread, but have not received a reply yet.

10. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Full is typically used for PC monitors. TV shows and movies are all mastered using the limited range. If you were using the Zidoo as a display board player in an office you might want to use the full range.

11. I feel much better now. That was very kind of you. I was going crazy with my movies look so dark.

12. I just wanted to let you know that I use My Zidoo for BD, 3D, and DVD only (1080p and 720p). It is set to 1080p/24. It is connected to my surround processor which is just a pass through. The processor output is connected to a Darbee device and then it goes to the TV for upscaling. If you only use it for 1080p, the picture will look fantastic if you can connect it to a Darbee device (S5000). You give the picture an exceptional depth and then your TV upscales the picture. But darbee can neither pass or process a 4K signal. Unfortunately.