ZIDOO NEO A - NEO X - NEO S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Nope. When watching a movie that TV shows something different ;).
    Use the front screen to see the remaining time on my UHD3000 with one peep and without disturbing my guest viewers. :p
    Leaving the Zidoo Controller on really eats battery and is as inconvenient as using the remote control to see progress/remaining.

Also during Music Playback I want to see the Artist and Title information from watching distance. 5 inch is more than big enough for that.

Won't be using the headphone jacks except for testing most likely. Everybody uses media players in a different/personal way. :)

2. mirak

mirak Member

For music playback I agree.
    The screen should indicate all that things.

That's strange. I thought I saw it working in a NEO X video on YouTube.
    Doesn't work on your unit ?

Didn't got mine yet. The delivery man didn't show up. I will get it tomorrow .

3. Nice Monkey

There is a Music Player panel similar to the Music Player on the Phone APP. Obviously that can't be read at 4 m distance by this old man. Also it is timed out after a set timer (30 min max. not including an OFF choice) and replaced by the screensaver.

Work to be done.

4. mirak

mirak Member

I understand your problem.

In my case the music source is the CocktailAudio X50D with its own App.
    And the NEO X will be my DAC (these 2 units will be wired by the XLR AES/EBU cable).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  5. mirak

mirak Member

Hello Nice Monkey,

Don't you think the fan is a bit noisy (even in the slow mode) ?
    The good news is that the DAC doesn't heat at all comparing to the Oppo 205 one I own.

I tried the OFF mode with success (even with a 4 T HDD working insinde), the Zidoo box remains cool.

Useless fan in my case :)

But at this price...:mad:

6. Nice Monkey

I agree. In fact the whole case acts like one big cool unit. It is pretty safe to run it with the fan off.
    I wonder why it was mounted too. I think it was there before making the body full 5mm thick aluminium?
    If they want to compensate then the bottom should get some vent holes under the HDD slot for an airstream bottom to top.

My fan in the unit makes slightly less noise than the one in my UHD3000 and does not really disturb even for music when on auto.
    As I run with a 2.5 inch HDD using an adapter it never speeds up above slow.

mirak likes this.
  7. mirak

mirak Member

Strange.
    The fan in my UHD2000 on low mode is very quiet and the case remains cool even with the two HDD running inside.

8. Nice Monkey

Got an OTO to FW 6.6.22 today for my Neo X. For the common media player part it follows changes with FW 6.3.22 for other models.

Specific for Neo X front Display/Control:
    - The time/date display can now be set to 12h/24h modes via setup.
    - The Volume Front Button control under DAC setup is now correctly labeled "Volume Control Steps". Be aware this button also changes the volume when set to HDMI output. In that case the steps are coarse at about 6.5 db per click and can't be adjusted. This had me confused for a while!
    - There is now a choice of VU-meters with White and Black scales respectively. These are really nice and the new Black one a lot more suited for night operation.

Hoping for a lot more news here very soon. That spectrum meter could use some boost too applying colors to it (e.g. green, yellow, red bars).

Sledgehamma likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

My experience with UHD2000 is different. That case may remain pretty cool but after using it try to swap that drive! It gets really hot. UHD3000 is a lot better.

I had to put the fan on auto (running then medium/high) to get this within temperature limits.

10. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

No play store G version firmware ?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  11. Nice Monkey

thaworn R likes this.
  12. mirak

mirak Member

I wonder why the Vu-meters and spectrum work exclusively when "DAC internal player" is selected.

What about the others "Digital Source In" ?
    They all use the DAC either.

13. Natpolly

Natpolly New Member

Hello, everyone.
    I would like to know the weight(in kg) of the Zidoo Neo X and internal RAM. Does the Zidoo Neo X have 2 or 4GB RAM?
    On Zidoo website, there are no 2 these informations.
    Thank you for your help and support.

14. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  15. Nice Monkey

Plan to add an external DAC Input test.

16. mirak

mirak Member

A friend of mine is testing my NEO X at his place and told me that yesterday the firmware was updated.
    The last uptade I performed was last month.

Any idea about the subjects ?

17. Nice Monkey

Will try when I get my unit back. Also that one was lent to a friend during my trip.
    Got his experiences testing and comparing with his Denon amp stereo setup which will be added too.

Was wondering when Neo X would get the upgrade to FW 6.6.40 but seems to be there now?
    Expect some front panel feature updates with that. You noticed there is no FW at all available on the Zidoo homepages for it yet?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  18. mirak

mirak Member

Yes.
    Nothing on the Zidoo Web site. That's why I ask.

My friend will perform some electronicals measurements on the unit. ;)

19. Nice Monkey

Will be nice to see those. :cool:

20. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Il va passer dans combien de mains au final, Mirak? En tout cas, on connaitra le lecteur sous toutes ses coutures. La dernière vidéo montrant la qualité des composants utilisés était très intéressante.

How many guys will make some test on your unit? In any case, we will know the player from all angles. The last video showing the quality of the components used was very interesting.