ZIDOO NEO A - NEO X - NEO S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello mirror,

Great, I wonder what the difference is with the ''basic'' model ?

@Nice Monkey, with these quality photos, what do you think of what we see inside?

The manufacturing seems to be well done

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Hi Mirror will this be released worldwide eventually ?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

No picture of the back and I would not be surprised if this is the real original unit without even DAC external inputs added later. It would be then the first pre-production series from more than 2 years ago hence the "Founders Edition" sticker.

Nice pictures. What I wrote about what these show regarding components did not change. :)
    You can see better here that 2 board layers are used with at least a Main board and Shielded Drives Power board at the invisible bottom. I guess now it is using a Hybrid PSU concept similar to UHD3000 but expanded to use 2 Linear transformers for Analog and Digital feeds. Maybe there are 3 hidden boards or the mainboard holds some additional circuitry next to the SOC?

I ask myself why that fan was still mounted? The whole chassis is acting like a huge cooling block and it has a big vent opening on top. The only thing it can potentially add will be noise. But turning it off will be easy enough.

Hey such a bag looks extremely familiar to me. Already got one as OPPO used to pack their players in a very similar bag. ;)

I like those VU-meters on the display. Gorgeous. :cool:
    Now just waiting for my "Founders Edition" evaluation unit nr. 0018 to arrive. :p

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  4. OlivierQC

Hello Nice Monkey,

Thanks for all this information, I'm waiting to have images of the current model ( not Founder edition) to feed my thread on hd.club.tw.

Send us pictures as soon as you receive your edition number 18

About the fan, it's true that we wonder what it's doing here.

I'll quibble but it would have been nice to have a remote control model other than the V8...

See you soon

5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

In the past four years, Neo X hardware has been changed more than 100 times. We pay more attention to the deep cooperation between software and hardware, rather than relying on third-party applications to achieve some functions, such as USB audio. We think this way is more elegant and can play the highest performance of hardware. The front screen of NEO X actually uses a completely different set of interactive logic, which is completely independent from the large screen.
    In the process of developing Neo x, zidoo has accumulated a lot of underlying audio technology. I think it will gradually appear in the future products. And open up the gap with competitors

Nice Monkey and leonkoum like this.
  6. Nice Monkey

Thanks for sharing the development information.

The front screen logic is what i got by now and I also understand then why the motherboard must be different from UHD3000.

7. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

May I know when is the release date for worldwide distribution? Looking at Singapore.

8. OlivierQC

according to some people It seems that the company zidoo is not intending to mass produce it and will not be distributed outside China.

To be confirm,

9. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Oh that kinda sucks... :(

10. DELUCAS

Somehow i cant see that ……
    All the development cost , research , manufacturing etc
    All inf in English etc

Even if they limited the numbers to worldwide it pay off .

If you wish it will come ;)

11. OlivierQC

Maybe when the supply problem of electronic components will be over and by then a new Zidoo will be talked about and the Neo X will no longer be current

12. DELUCAS

That is a possibility
    Id thought they would of caught up by now shortage of electronics chips mind you even Apple are struggling and they plan way ahead .

13. OlivierQC

I know that the Neo X was delayed in part because of the shortage of components, so maybe they decided to make some and create the "founder Edition".

Anyway, this model (as other electronic brands do) is mainly for the image of the Zidoo company and its know-how.

Obviously this is only my opinion :)

14. OlivierQC

Hello,

A special message to all the members who participated on my thread Neo X (I thank you) to inform you that I asked Mark to delete it.

This is only my opinion but I think it duplicates that of member Delucas and I think it is better to continue on his.

For my part I will continue to talk about it on the forum hd.club.tw.

Again thank you to those who participate and visit my Threads on the forum Zidoo

Good continuation

DELUCAS likes this.
  15. DELUCAS

5DDBEBE4-9CE4-432E-8784-6AE99B9E5C0F.png For those that want to know if this model is a Hi -Fi Model or not its been confirmed ;)

16. Nice Monkey

That is the headphone amplifier part shown to be precise. It is a part of the DAC ES9038Pro panel.

17. DELUCAS

was taking the Mick
    If you get the joke ?

on a serious note it does look well made & 10kg
    I wonder when my one comes no 27 ;)

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm not going to delete the old thread - that would be unfair to those who took time to post on it, but it's a good idea just to keep the chat to the newer one.

gymnos likes this.
  19. OlivierQC

As you wish Mark

20. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

In the Blu-ray.com forum they usually merge two duplicate threads, preserving all comments. Not sure if it's possible here.